Feedback on My New Build

Just now, Slaxc said:

How would changing the PSU affect gameplay and what not?

It does not affect in anyway. Except *maybe* if on load the fan of the PSU kicks in and it would sound bit louder but that's the least of your concern

Just now, Slaxc said:

How would changing the PSU affect gameplay and what not?

it would change nothing.

Just means that your PSU will supply less power, so if you decide to go with a second 1080Ti, or some other power-hungry component in your system, you will need to upgrade your PSU.

it also means that your PSU Will be less energy efficient, since it will be closer to the edge of it's efficiency curve (your system will probably pull 400-500W, and PSUs are most efficient around 40-60% load.)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, avimakkar said:

kindly read my reply again i said work fine not look fine. else he can go for CRYORIG R1

Yeah, I know it will work fine.

T'was a joke. and no, don't tell me I need a /s, because I don't

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($308.87 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H5 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI - Z270 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($115.88 @ Amazon) 
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($85.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Edition Video Card  ($709.79 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: BitFenix - Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case  ($30.86 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.39 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1532.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-19 01:32 EDT-0400

How do the EVGA and Zotac video cards compare? If the EVGA is decently better I don't mind spending the extra 50

you should first decide you wanna game on 4k or high refresh rate 1080p.

1 minute ago, Slaxc said:

Great to know. Not sure if youre the one who built me the Intel build but truly how do the Ryzen and Intel compare in gameplay.. I know Intel gets better performance but will it last a shorter time or have more problems or what? I don't know man... I wanna go with Ryzen so bad but I want the best performance I can get.

the intel build will give you better framerates unless you game at 4K. if you are gaming at 4K, then the CPU barely matters, and you could go with a Pentium and be mostly okay. (but don't do that).

if you decide to get a 4K monitor, then you could go with a Ryzen 1600 or 1700 with no real performance hit.

Desktop:

Laptop:

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

it would change nothing.

Just means that your PSU will supply less power, so if you decide to go with a second 1080Ti, or some other power-hungry component in your system, you will need to upgrade your PSU.

it also means that your PSU Will be less energy efficient, since it will be closer to the edge of it's efficiency curve (your system will probably pull 400-500W, and PSUs are most efficient around 40-60% load.)

Alright not sure what the last part truly meant but I have no intentions of adding another 1080ti lol, Id much rather upgrade later on so if PSU will be fine like that thatd be great.

Just now, Slaxc said:

Alright not sure what the last part truly meant but I have no intentions of adding another 1080ti lol, Id much rather upgrade later on so if PSU will be fine like that thatd be great.

Basically, that last part meant that your PC will consume slightly more electricity under load with a lower wattage PSU

Desktop:

Laptop:

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

the intel build will give you better framerates unless you game at 4K. if you are gaming at 4K, then the CPU barely matters, and you could go with a Pentium and be mostly okay. (but don't do that).

if you decide to get a 4K monitor, then you could go with a Ryzen 1600 or 1700 with no real performance hit.

Why is this? About 4k, do you personally recommend gaming at 4k? I have a 4k laptop right now and i have watched some videos on the comparison between 1080p and 4k and its honestly a big difference but how would it affect gaming?

Basically, that last part meant that your PC will consume slightly more electricity under load with a lower wattage PSU

And this doesnt matter much at all correct?

2 minutes ago, avimakkar said:

you should first decide you wanna game on 4k or high refresh rate 1080p.

When it comes to overall performance how do they compare? 

2 minutes ago, Slaxc said:

How do the EVGA and Zotac video cards compare? If the EVGA is decently better I don't mind spending the extra 50

They will both perform the same unless you're into some crazy overclocking (And basically all pascal GPUs can't go over 2100Mhz anyway)

the EVGA one is better, but you will notice it in noise output, not performance. (the difference also isn't huge. they will both be fairly quiet)

you can also swap colors on the EVGA one, if it means anything to you.

Desktop:

Laptop:

@RadiatingLight I know this is a bit off topic but if you were me would you go for the Ryzen build or Intel? If you have any questions about what I am looking for or planning on please ask.

4 minutes ago, Slaxc said:

Why is this? About 4k, do you personally recommend gaming at 4k? I have a 4k laptop right now and i have watched some videos on the comparison between 1080p and 4k and its honestly a big difference but how would it affect gaming?

4K is 4 times as many pixels as 1080p that your graphics card has to render. At this resolution, a good CPU ceases to become the system's bottleneck and the GPU is the component that has to play keep-up. You won't make it very far past 60 fps if you want to play at 4K with ultra details.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend it, with your budget. The gain you see over 1440p will not be appreciable and your money is far better spent on other components than a 4K monitor that you can barely drive.

4K takes TONS more GPU power than 1080p gaming.

an RX 580, which gets 60FPS on ultra 1080p, can't game at 4K with playable framerates*. the amount of computer power required for 4K gaming is insane.

if you decide on 1080p or 1440p, you can drop the GPU down to a 1080 (1440p) or 1070 (1080p) and be just fine.

*results may vary. lowest settings might make it playable

Desktop:

Laptop:

3 minutes ago, Slaxc said:

And this doesnt matter much at all correct?

Only place where it matters is in your power bill.

Desktop:

Laptop:

Just now, LyondellBasell said:

4K is 4 times as many pixels as 1080p that your graphics card has to render. At this resolution, a good CPU ceases to become the system's bottleneck and the GPU is the component that has to play keep-up. You won't make it very far past 60-fps if you want to play at 4K with ultra details.

Then I won't be playing in 4k. I've always had pretty junky laptops or computers and have always played at the lowest video settings. I think id be extremely happy to game at 1080p and get better performance and watch stuff on my 4k laptop :)

3 minutes ago, Slaxc said:

When it comes to overall performance how do they compare? 

4K is more crisp

1080p @ 144Hz or higher is very smooth, but just normal crispness.

Desktop:

Laptop:

4K is more crisp

1080p @ 144Hz or higher is very smooth, but just normal crispness.

Read my reply to Lyondell :)

Just now, Slaxc said:

Then I won't be playing in 4k. I've always had pretty junky laptops or computers and have always played at the lowest video settings. I think id be extremely happy to game at 1080p and get better performance and watch stuff on my 4k laptop :)

if so, then you can buy a 1070 and game at ultra settings, and have your PC cost $500 less. or get a 1080, watch those FPS numbers reel into the sky, and have your machine be able to run any game at ultra for at 1080p.*

**results may vary, I can't see the future.

Desktop:

Laptop:

Just now, Slaxc said:

Read my reply to Lyondell :)

So now the question is, do you want 1080p 60Hz, or 1080p 120+Hz for dat added smoothness.

Desktop:

Laptop:

@RadiatingLight @LyondellBasell I feel like it would be extremely hard to play for a longer period of time at 4k as your eyes may start to hurt. Could be wrong tho

Nope. not even close.

it just looks more realistic/sharp/crisp

it's like saying that if you play a game with really good graphics, like battlefield 1, your eyes will hurt more than if you were playing Zelda.

not true at all.

if anything, it's less strain, since details are more crisp, and you don't have to try as hard to see stuff, but that's a negligible difference.

4K is just a more crisp/clear 1080p. nothing else is different about it.

Desktop:

Laptop:

So now the question is, do you want 1080p 60Hz, or 1080p 120+Hz for dat added smoothness.

I seriously do just want maximum performance and smoothness. Me personally I always go all out on big purchases, I hate having to go back sell stuff and then upgrade it and all that nonsense. I think i'm gonna stick with the 1080ti but omg am I torn between intel and ryzen. D:

Just now, Slaxc said:

I seriously do just want maximum performance and smoothness. Me personally I always go all out on big purchases, I hate having to go back sell stuff and then upgrade it and all that nonsense. I think i'm gonna stick with the 1080ti but omg am I torn between intel and ryzen. D:

the 1080Ti is an insane amount of overkill for 1080p.

it's like bringing over an aircraft carrier to stop some guy on a jetski going fast in the no-wake zone.

maybe go 1440p ultrawide @ 144Hz with a 1080Ti?

Desktop:

Laptop: