Feedback on My New Build

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

That's true, however in this case, the difference is quite big between them. 

0.79%, 0.60% and 0.67% on the TX850M, Vs 2.7%, 1.2% and 1% on the G F3.

True.

TXM is tier 1, so it's really good regulation.

Where did you find the TXM for $60? even with rebates it's only $70

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Nice find. I literally glossed over that listing and thought it was $70.

@Slaxc I'd recommend this PSU, and you can redeem the rebate if you want.

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

16 minutes ago, Slaxc said:

Definitely look too small. If you don't mind I would try to give you a picture of what i am looking for in my final setup. I have a very nice laptop at the moment. I want to have a L shaped desk and have the smaller side I want to put my laptop with basic stuff such as pencils, paper, stuff for school and productivity. The main area i'd like a dual monitor setup but I cant figure out if I want them seperate or right next to eachother, One monitor will strictly be for gaming while the other is for watching youtube, school stuff, work, etc. Terrible explanation but I may go for a single ultrawide and then have a great medium sized gaming monitor next to it. Sorry lol this was a fail

I believe I can visualise what you're going for. I don't know that I'd recommend you buy two more monitors, given that:

A) you already have a laptop that you intend to keep on the desk

B) anything that's not gaming can be put on the gaming monitor anyways (I'm assuming we're not talking about streaming nor color-sensitive content creation)

Since you brought up having an ultrawide again, I suggest you go for just one of those(productivity benefit) and put that 1080Ti hosspowah to use xD

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

Nice find. I literally glossed over that listing and thought it was $70.

@Slaxc I'd recommend this PSU, and you can redeem the rebate if you want.

What is the mail in rebate?

1 minute ago, LyondellBasell said:

I believe I can visualise what you're going for. I don't know that I'd recommend you buy two more monitors, given that:

A) you already have a laptop that you intend to keep on the desk

B) anything that's not gaming can be put on the gaming monitor anyways (I'm assuming we're not talking about streaming nor color-sensitive content creation)

Since you brought up having an ultrawide again, I suggest you go for just one of those(productivity benefit) and put that 1080Ti hosspowah to use xD

Im all over the place man but yes, no streaming or content creation. What do you think? Is it possible to game on both the ultrawide and another monitor if I get both? I just dont know how easy or hard it is to play on an ultrawide.. I feel like it would get annoying and harder to react and what not.

Just now, Slaxc said:

What is the mail in rebate?

Once you buy the product, you print out a form, attach the barcode from the box you got the item in, fill out some details, and physically mail the envelope to some location. then, some time later, you get a envelope back with a $20 prepaid credit card. it's a lot of time for $20 tho.

Desktop:

Laptop:

Just now, Slaxc said:

Im all over the place man but yes, no streaming or content creation. What do you think? Is it possible to game on both the ultrawide and another monitor if I get both? I just dont know how easy or hard it is to play on an ultrawide.. I feel like it would get annoying and harder to react and what not.

it's just a bigger (wider) screen. nothing else.

Desktop:

Laptop:

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Once you buy the product, you print out a form, attach the barcode from the box you got the item in, fill out some details, and physically mail the envelope to some location. then, some time later, you get a envelope back with a $20 prepaid credit card. it's a lot of time for $20 tho.

Ill end up forgetting and we barely check our mail ;p

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

it's just a bigger (wider) screen. nothing else.

Have you gamed on an ultra wide? Im watching a video right now and it honestly looks fine... how is the response time on ultra wides?

Currently, there does not exist a display widely available to the Western market that does 144hz 1440p ultrawide. There's a 100hz one. But no 144hz. So if you must have it now, and don't want to wait until next year, you'll need to pick between ultrawide and 144hz.

Just now, LyondellBasell said:

Currently, there does not exist a display widely available to the Western market that does 144hz 1440p ultrawide. There's a 100hz one. But no 144hz. So if you must have it now, and don't want to wait until next year, you'll need to pick between ultrawide and 144hz.

What exactly is 144Hz? Framerate? I was watching some vids and 144Hz definitely seems the best but what exactly is it?

Yes, it's the refresh rate of the monitor, basically how often the monitor receives a new set of pixels from your PC and updates the screen.

1 minute ago, LyondellBasell said:

Yes, it's the refresh rate of the monitor, basically how often the monitor receives a new set of pixels from your PC and updates the screen.

Hmmm.... why would you not recommend having both an ultrawide and a 144Hz gaming monitor?

2 minutes ago, Slaxc said:

Hmmm.... why would you not recommend having both an ultrawide and a 144Hz gaming monitor?

Mostly the expense, but there's also the amount of desk space that they're going to take up, especially given that one arm of the L is going to be eaten up by your laptop space.

Just now, LyondellBasell said:

Mostly the expense, but there's also the amount of desk space that they're going to take up, especially given that one arm of the L is going to be eaten up by your laptop space.

I was watching some setup wars and saw a few ultra wides, Im aiming this setup to be for gaming and also school work so again, one section for my laptop and some free space for doing whatever I need too then another area for maybe possibly just one ultrawide. Do you think the 144Hz is a big and noticable difference? Im just confused man, long night for me. I wouldnt mind having 1 144Hz monitor and thats it but I feel like it wouldnt take up enough space.

6 minutes ago, LyondellBasell said:

Screenshot_4.png

Get a 27" 144hz 2560x1440 panel. 27", along with the bezel, will be plenty imposing on your desk. No one's going to critique you on that aspect of your setup, I can promise.

2 minutes ago, LyondellBasell said:

Get a 27" 144hz 2560x1440 panel. 27", along with the bezel, will be plenty imposing on your desk. No one's going to critique you on that aspect of your setup, I can promise.

Awesome, ill go with one of those then. Seriously thanks a ton man, you and Radiating the most. Im gonna have to call it a night... yall are amazing though thanks again. Have a great rest of your night.