Loopy experiment gone nevermind... Or not.

Oh, I just realized that the A120 and XSPC custom kits cost the same so I'm not going to bother building this...  Enjoy!

btw, those xspc kits are great value, kit the shit out of EK's cheapo options.

OK, lets preface this with a few things.

I'm loopy as hell right now, dentists anesthetic will do that to ya :P 

I believe that up to a certain point skimping a little bit when it comes to custom cooling is highly beneficial.  I do however understand that beyond a certain point you start wasting your money.  I am currently considering buying and setting up the least expensive fully custom loop possible.  But NOT the "custom loop for 30 euro" clickbait.  

I'm talking about a loop with compression fittings, a silver kill coil, a proper reservoir and all copper components for as little as possible.  This is the list I'm currently considering, grand total is $200 canadian (about half of what I am paying for my loop and 1 quarter its market value)

Any input?  This is just something I'm considering giving a shot, I'd love to hear some feedback from y'all.  especially @Enderman even though I already know your answer.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/registry/wishlist/14YV2AZIMQ6M5/ref=cm_wl_huc_viewcheapest.PNG.6cfde91b4e40341b520a6030fd84a02f.PNG

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

For just a single 120mm rad, that's not worth it. Get adequate radiator space to warrant the custom loop or don't bother.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

For just a single 120mm rad, that's not worth it. Get adequate radiator space to warrant the custom loop or don't bother.

ya I know, if you read the first bit I'm  more doing this to check whether or not it'll nuke a PC really easily

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

ya I know, if you read the first bit I'm  more doing this to check whether or not it'll nuke a PC really easily

Leak Roulette, It's like Russian Roulette but for your PC.

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Leak Roulette, It's like Russian Roulette but for your PC.

Did you read the entire thing?  If I did this it would be on a potato PC (didn't mention lol)

Just now, Damascus said:

Did you read the entire thing?  If I did this it would be on a potato PC (didn't mention lol)

Yes, why do you think I didn't? You didn't mention as much as you thought you did is what I'm getting.

Yes, why do you think I didn't? You didn't mention as much as you thought you did is what I'm getting.

yeah, sorry about that. :P If I plopped a 240 or 360mm rad what would you think?

Just now, Damascus said:

yeah, sorry about that. :P If I plopped a 240 or 360mm rad what would you think?

Much better value. By the way, aren't those fittings a cheap chinese brand?

Much better value. By the way, aren't those fittings a cheap chinese brand?

I was looking around and they had good reviews on some random philipines site

Corrosion inhibitor would be a nice addition, but I think they don't play well with silver. Maybe PT-nuke (or benzalkonium chloride concentrate, if you want unbranded?) + some kind benzotriazole derivate (5-methyl?) should be ok as long as the whole thing is pHed.

Also, your fittings are a pack of 2, so you only need 4 in theory?

If cheaping out is your objective (I reserve my opinions on this :P) then I feel there must be cheaper 120 mm rads than alphacool? they are a brand afterwall.

3 hours ago, For Science! said:

If cheaping out is your objective (I reserve my opinions on this :P) then I feel there must be cheaper 120 mm rads than alphacool? they are a brand afterwall.

It was the cheapest on amazon, I'm sure there are cheaper ones (like the darkside ones from dazmode)

3 hours ago, For Science! said:

Also, your fittings are a pack of 2, so you only need 4 in theory?

lol didn't notice that xD 

Don't use nothing alphacool with that pump, that pump will make the broken off flux drop into it and mess with the magnetic pole that holds the impellar straight.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.