Cryorig c7 whine

Stevoisboss

You could try setting/changing fan curves in the bios. That might make it less loud. (I haven't listened to the sound so I can't tell if something is broken or just it's on full load all the time.)

4 minutes ago, Wrb said:

We can't tell how loud it is, because we can't hear it. It might be supposed to be that loud or it might not. You could try setting/changing fan curves in the bios.

I downloaded it and used vlc and could hear it but its not as accurate as hearing it in person for sure. I set the fan speed as low as it could go in the bios but it is still noisy as hell. 

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

24 minutes ago, Aytex said:

There would only be a problem if there was a flaw in the manufacturering of the fin, or a fan problem, try taking the fan out and seeing how loud and if the sound persists

23 minutes ago, Wrb said:

You could try setting/changing fan curves in the bios. That might make it less loud. (I haven't listened to the sound so I can't tell if something is broken or just it's on full load all the time.)

So I just unplugged it from the cpu fan connector on the motherboard and instead connected it to the system fan 1 connector on the motherboard and the whine is totally gone. I checked the bios and they are running at the same rpm. wtf?

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

7 minutes ago, Stevoisboss said:

So I just unplugged it from the cpu fan connector on the motherboard and instead connected it to the system fan 1 connector on the motherboard and the whine is totally gone. I checked the bios and they are running at the same rpm. wtf?

Never heard that happen before, no clue to why. Would be interesting to know if someone knew why.