FloatPlane vs YouTube paid channels

raxbg

Because you can trust LMG

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

4 minutes ago, raxbg said:

What's the difference besides the video quality?

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3249127?hl=en

You are supporting LMG directly, instead of fueling youtube, which is constantly changing crap(never in favor of the creator).

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Money going directly to LMG so Youtube isn't taking a cut from them. You get some benefits here on the forum (Pilot Title and I believe a Floatplane section) and if you have an issue with payment or something is wrong with a video, you're more likely to get it sorted out quickly going through LMG than Youtube as the amount of requests and problems sent in is going to be significantly different. 

Ok, but when Floatplane is complete it will be the same. Part of the money will go to the Floatplane company, and another part to the creator. So I am asking for the final version of Floatplane, not the current one. Also, part of the reason that I am Floatplane pilot currently is to support LMG. Idk how I will feel about it when they move to the new thing that they are building. For me, it will lose its charm. So won't it be kind of the same for the end user and the creators then?

10 minutes ago, raxbg said:

Ok, but when Floatplane is complete it will be the same. Part of the money will go to the Floatplane company, and another part to the creator. So I am asking for the final version of Floatplane, not the current one. Also, part of the reason that I am Floatplane pilot currently is to support LMG. Idk how I will feel about it when they move to the new thing that they are building. For me, it will lose its charm. So won't it be kind of the same for the end user and the creators then?

On Float plane you will have early access to the content, You will only see content that you pay for on FPC so unless you sub to other FPC content you will only see LTT / TQ and CSF.

@LinusTech has stated that FPC is not a discovery platform like YT.

28 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

You are supporting LMG directly, instead of fueling youtube, which is constantly changing crap(never in favor of the creator).

because youtube still loses billions of dollars a year. Youtube will become way worse as soon as google stops the money

1 minute ago, Allycat said:

On Float plane you will have early access to the content, You will only see content that you pay for on FPC so unless you sub to other FPC content you will only see LTT / TQ and CSF.

@LinusTech has stated that FPC is not a discovery platform like YT.

Sure, I know that already. Also I am not trying to be sceptical or anything, I am just looking at this objectively, because I just found out about YouTube's paid channels. And you can also get exclusive content there, as well as early access to videos.

2 minutes ago, raxbg said:

Sure, I know that already. Also I am not trying to be sceptical or anything, I am just looking at this objectively, because I just found out about YouTube's paid channels. And you can also get exclusive content there, as well as early access to videos.

LMG isn't going to YT paid channels they have invested too much money in FPC to abandon it now.

Lol, I don't want them to

34 minutes ago, raxbg said:

Lol, I don't want them to

It hasn't been disclosed how big part of payment would go to creator vs platform. But unofficial rumors (aka Afterparty) say that even monthly/yearly fee will get small bump after platform launch. How long they last is still unknown. Another unofficial rumor is that each creator is free to price their content. So if you pay $3/mo for LMG content, you might pay only $1.5/mo for Paul's Hardware, as example. This means that even if FPC takes cut from sales, as they most definitely will, it won't be as big as what YT is taking. Quality-wise current video quality of 1080p FPC is very close to 4k regular YT.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv