This is gonna sound stupid.. help with cpus pls

So say a laptop is a i7 6500U that means is 6th Gen because of the "6"?

Intel CPUs

https://gyazo.com/eda5b53cb5d26ec479e9c8388b55d389

Same with this, this is from the Intel website, im guessing Mobile means Laptops?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One last question dose a graphics card matter for a school laptop? i see some laptops with 940s in them compared to just stock graphics 

Don't bother on a graphics card if you aren't gonna do any gaming anyway.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

For most school tasks you won't need it unless you want some CUDA cores for simple renders.

However, i do recommend getting a laptop with at least an ok gpu like the 940. I'm sure there will be times you are at school just derping around doing nothing and then there's at least the option to just take your laptop and game a bit.

It probably won't be a great experience but when you are at school, being bored and doing nothing for whatever reason, just being able to play a game is a very nice thing.

I used the gpu in my laptop for school more than you might think :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

22 minutes ago, Foul said:

So say a laptop is a i7 6500U that means is 6th Gen because of the "6"?

One last question dose a graphics card matter for a school laptop? i see some laptops with 940s in them compared to just stock graphics 

Yes, an i7 6500U is a 6th generation i7.

Not really, if you want to game on it, then yes, but otherwise, unless you're doing stuff like 3d modeling, photo/video editing, etc... you'll be perfectly fine with integrated graphics.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W