Blu Ray Drive for PC

Donut417

Im in the market for a good reliable Blu ray drive. I recent bought a fire stick and found plex. Which is the greatest thing ever. Ive been digitizing some of my DVD's with an external DVD drive I have. THe issue is I have a few blu ray disks Id like to do this to. I dont currently have a blu ray disk player, so I figure I just digitize as I need them. Im open to internal and external solutions. I dont really care if they come with the software to watch blu rays, as Im just going to digitize the disks and keep the physical stuff safe. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

First and last Blu Ray PC drive was some Samsung that couldn't even play many standard dvds so that was a confidence killer. LG and Pioneer seem alright.

Just now, TrigrH said:

anything that can read blu-ray + makeMKV

Oh I know all about Make MKV and Handbrake for that matter. Great software. 

10 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Hopefully you don't plan to encode them into MP4, depending on your collection that can take a REALLY long time since encoding only cares about the CPU. 

Doing H264 MKV files. I know its going to take a long ass time. It takes 15 min per DVD

I have an LG USB external and an LG internal on my other system. I bet they don't make the same models anymore but they have both been going for several years now.

And I've encoded hundreds of Blu Rays. I have a huge media collection and I still prefer to buy the Blu Ray and encode my own for my flex library over anything else.