Playstation 4 Price Drop?

Henry

Do you guys believe there will be a price drop for the PS4 in a year?

Possible $50-$100 drop for next years Black Friday?

If not, comment below what you think will probably happen.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Considering they are on amazon for ELEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS, no. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Nah too soon imo. More like at least 2 years

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Nah too soon imo. More like at least 2 years

Didnt the PS3 drop in price by like $100 after a year?

Nope, it's way too soon, it's cheap already. Imagine poor Nintendo having to drop the price of their Wii U again to $200!

But it was balls to the wall expensive, it had to, it was also getting destroyed by the Xbox. Now they don't have that problem.

But it was balls to the wall expensive, it had to, it was also getting destroyed by the Xbox. Now they don't have that problem.

I guess it was expensive as balls...

Hopefully it drops by $50 at least. Im getting one next year.

not happening for about 2 or so year, i think until a revision and more versions are added (more hdd space, less hdd space, etc.)

PS3 dropped because it was initially really expensive and consumers were not justifying the price and bought xbox 360's instead.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

No, it's cheap already and if Sony are only clearing $18 a unit at the moment they aren't about to move straight into making a loss when the console is already selling way more than they have supplied.

It'll stay solid for a good while IMO, you might see game bundles appear though.

Even if it did, it was at a higher price point compared to PS4.

i7 4770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H | G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB | Sapphire Vapor-X 7970 Ghz | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | Toshiba 7200rpm 3TB | Seasonic 660W Platinum | Corsair H100i

Logitech G400s | Ducky Shine III Cherry MX Brown

Your best bet is to wait for the new revisions to come out and then buy one of the old variants used if your looking to get one for cheap.

Your best bet is to wait for the new revisions to come out and then buy one of the old variants used if your looking to get one for cheap.

Im not so sure of a new revision within a year. 

I cant think of anything they could revision...Unless more serious problems arise with the current ones.

Ehh... Maybe 25-50 MAYBE. The PS4 really packs a lot in for not much money, I am not sure how much 1 year will drop the price.

No I don't think so.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Ehh... Maybe 25-50 MAYBE. The PS4 really packs a lot in for not much money, I am not sure how much 1 year will drop the price.

Dam...

I really want one..Gonna be selling my laptop and my family's bluray player before I get it tho, more money towards the ps4 :)

Dam...

I really want one..Gonna be selling my laptop and my family's bluray player before I get it tho, more money towards the ps4 :)

Look for one used from someone that gets one then decided to sell it for whatever reason.

Yes, but it had an insane price compared to the other consoles.

Sony had to compete or they would go out of business.

All depends on what Microsoft does. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

The ps3 wasn't 400$ the ps4 is already cheap enough

Don't expect price drops until revision 2, when Sony can have the units manufactured for significantly less. 

There will be better bundles coming next year though. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Don't expect price drops until revision 2, when Sony can have the units manufactured for significantly less. 

There will be better bundles coming next year though. 

Any idea when the first revision will come? 

I cant think of anything it could revise.

What's been the general revision timeline of the past few systems? I seem to recall that the PS3 wasn't revised until pretty long after its launch, but the 360 went through like a gazillion changes. They usually shrink the chipset and cut costs elswhere. We should see a smaller, revised Xbone before the PS4 (I bet).

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Too much demand for a price drop.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I think it is unlikely there will be a price drop on the current PS4 SKU within a year. I think the underlying question is will there be a better value for getting the PS4 by that time; and I would say it is very likely. Whether it is through bundling the PS4 with the Vita (to promote Remote Play) or giving away a free game or 1-yr PSN+ subscription with a new PS4 system, that to me can be considered a price cut.

It could also be possible that Sony will time the price cut with a new PS4 SKU hitting the market. I see PS4s selling well for the next year or so, and as a business, I don't see why they would offer a price cut. Keep in mind what happen with the PS3 and how much they lost per unit sold. I doubt Sony wants to take any losses this time around.

On the other hand, I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility. It would be outright crazy if it gets to a $100 price cut, but $50 is a remote possibility. If it does in fact happen, consider my mind = blown.

What's been the general revision timeline of the past few systems? I seem to recall that the PS3 wasn't revised until pretty long after its launch, but the 360 went through like a gazillion changes. They usually shrink the chipset and cut costs elswhere. We should see a smaller, revised Xbone before the PS4 (I bet).

I don't think there will be an overall physical revision like the Xbox/ps3 slim but they both will probably get minor revisions to the internal hardware within 2 years like the 360 elite and the ps3 revision that removed backwards compatibility and so forth to cut their costs and prove hardware stability but that won't necessarily mean a price drop in and of themselves