My new build - Opinions

yungblood

i7-2600k

Originally planned to overclock, didn't as z68/77 boards are extremely expensive and I need micro atx.

£85

Intel DQ67SW

H series motherboard

4 Ram Slots

PCIe 16x gen 2

£60

12gb RAM

Corsair Vengeance LP + 8gb of random ram

1600 mhz

£48

CX430

Bought for my a8-7600 and haven't sold/upgraded. Need to however but not affordable right now

£39

GTX 760 2gb

Got cheap last year, the a8 was not powerful enough so I needed a cheap but powerful card

£65

Kingston v300 60gb 

Got it pretty much brand new, got wiped from a computer shop near me which is more like a family friend.

BOOT

£10

1tb Sandisk 7200rpm drive

About 3 years old

£39

Gamemax Explorer

£32

Just a quick question wiping the ssd using windows format when installing windows should make the drive completely clear as the v300 has trim support

When installing windows you will get to a partitions screen where you can delete everything, then you click next.

That basically wipes the drive.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Nice budget build :P

Super solid, especially for upcoming high core games.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

43 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Nice budget build :P

Super solid, especially for upcoming high core games.

Thanks man, I only play h1z1 rocket league mine craft and csgo so whytf not

49 minutes ago, Enderman said:

When installing windows you will get to a partitions screen where you can delete everything, then you click next.

That basically wipes the drive.

I tend to get in a trance where I do this 5 times then reset my pc then 5 times again then restart then 5 times again then reset. I'm computer paranoid and now I have 3 drives....

Just now, yungblood said:

I tend to get in a trance where I do this 5 times then reset my pc then 5 times again then restart then 5 times again then reset. I'm computer paranoid and now I have 3 drives....

What? Are you saying that it restarts the installation process?

BTW you should have only your OS drive plugged in while installing windows.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

What? Are you saying that it restarts the installation process?

BTW you should have only your OS drive plugged in while installing windows.

No so what I do is I format the partition five times then I restart my pc back into the installer then I do it five times again and restart my pc. I used to have 1 drive but now I have three. I'm computer virus paranoid but surely resetting your hard drive once deletes everything

1 minute ago, yungblood said:

No so what I do is I format the partition five times then I restart my pc back into the installer then I do it five times again and restart my pc. I used to have 1 drive but now I have three. I'm computer virus paranoid but surely resetting your hard drive once deletes everything

You need to delete the partitions not format the partition.

In the end you should only have one thing called "unallocated space" which is where you click next and install windows.

Again, you should have only one drive connected to the PC while doing this.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

You need to delete the partitions not format the partition.

In the end you should only have one thing called "unallocated space" which is where you click next and install windows.

Again, you should have only one drive connected to the PC while doing this.

Yeah yeah I know but does it matter how many times I delete the partition

Just now, yungblood said:

Yeah yeah I know but does it matter how many times I delete the partition

No.

Spoiler