can i make this fit?

i want to buy the NH-D15 SE-AM4 cooler for my computer. my case is the zalman z9 neo.

my case can handle a 160mm cooler and the cooler is 160 but its 165 with the fan. can i make it fit?

am thinking if i cant i can glue the fans lover with hot glue (btw I don't give a shit about looks)

also my ram is compatible (corsair lpx) https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/96649-large-fans-interfering-with-ram

here are the NH-D15 SE-AM4 specifications

Spoiler
Cooler Specification

Height (without fan)
160 mm
Width (without fan)
150 mm
Depth (without fan)
135 mm
Height (with fan)
165 mm
Width (with fan)
150 mm
Depth (with fan)
161 mm
Weight (without fan)
980 g
Weight (with fan/s)
1320 g
Material
Copper (base and heat-pipes), aluminium (cooling fins), soldered joints & nickel plating
Max. TDP
see TDP guide
Fan compatibility
140x150x25 (with 120mm mounting holes), 140x140x25 (with 120mm mounting holes), 120x120x25
Scope of Delivery
  • 2x NF-A15 PWM premium fan
  • 2x Low-Noise Adaptor (L.N.A.)
  • 4-pin PWM y-cable
  • NT-H1 high-grade thermal compound
  • SecuFirm2™ AM4 mounting-kit
  • Noctua metalcase-badge

Z9NEO_Black_ENG.jpg

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

IIRC the fans can be shifted low enough to make clearance.

i hope they do

The fans can be raised or lowered to accommodate for ram height or case clearance.

Yes, you can fit the cooler. LPX ram is standard profile which all cpu coolers are designed for.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You can make the cooler fit, but you may have to mount the second fan on the other side of the heatsink. Be sure to use the included thick pads instead of the regular ones. The NF-A15 may emit weird buzzing noises when used as a pull fan.

2 hours ago, III-Argon-III said:

You can make the cooler fit, but you may have to mount the second fan on the other side of the heatsink. Be sure to use the included thick pads instead of the regular ones. The NF-A15 may emit weird buzzing noises when used as a pull fan.

Oh, so that's what the thick pads are used for. Do you have any other useful info on them?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.