Very Important for New Builds

Spent $3200 on parts.  First build in a VERY long time.  Took about 8 hours or so to get my first completion.  Turned on the power button on back, nothing.  Tore apart, tightened everything, etc.  Nothing.  Tore apart...reassemble...nothing....read 5 different manuals, sweat, curse, scare the hell out of the dog...nothing.  

**Pushes the power button on the FRONT of the case**.....works instantly.  K.

u stoned?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

the switch on the back only turns on power flow to the system (through the PSU). it doesn't actually turn on the system until you click the actual power button on the case.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

So you forgot to press the power button or what happened? ôo

6 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

status update 

He's got this many followers: 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

27 minutes ago, DXMember said:

u stoned?

Not right now, I'm at work.  

26 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

the switch on the back only turns on power flow to the system (through the PSU). it doesn't actually turn on the system until you click the actual power button on the case.

Yeah, the point was that I was stressing the hell out so badly that I overlooked the most simplest thing, like actually hitting the power button the front.  lmao

26 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

status update 

PC works great following that very stupid hiccup lol.  Even did my first OC, from 4.2 to 4.8!  Been buying games like crazy.  I suck at all of them.

21 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

He's got this many followers: 

I'm very unpopular.  Be sure to hit that follower button and subscribe and donate and rub my feet!  Thanks Bob!  haha

4 minutes ago, FosterGuy said:

Yeah, the point was that I was stressing the hell out so badly that I overlooked the most simplest thing, like actually hitting the power button the front.  lmao

yeah.

the more you do stuff, the less stressful it becomes.

the first time I changed hardware on my PC, (switching the intel stock cooler to a 212 EVO) I freaked out when it didn't post. turns out I hadn't connected the GPU power connectors.

now, when I'm building a PC for a friend, and it doesn't post, I'm just like "meh, we'll figure it out" and stay perfectly calm. I still get the little knot in my stomach when a build for someone doesn't work, but since I'm more experienced, I'm calm about it.

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

31 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

So you forgot to press the power button or what happened? ôo

Yup, true dumbass moment lol.  Put I can tear apart and put the PC back together blindfolded now....so there's that.

2 minutes ago, FosterGuy said:

I'm very unpopular.  Be sure to hit that follower button and subscribe and donate and rub my feet!  Thanks Bob!  haha

Do you have a patreon? gofundme? somewhere I can donate my hard-earned money for meaningless internet points!??!!?!

Desktop:

Laptop:

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

yeah.

the more you do stuff, the less stressful it becomes.

the first time I changed hardware on my PC, (switching the intel stock cooler to a 212 EVO) I freaked out when it didn't post. turns out I hadn't connected the GPU power connectors.

now, when I'm building a PC for a friend, and it doesn't post, I'm just like "meh, we'll figure it out" and stay perfectly calm. I still get the little knot in my stomach when a build for someone doesn't work, but since I'm more experienced, I'm calm about it.

Good God if I was building a PC for someone and it didn't post I'd probably throw up and write them a check.

Just now, FosterGuy said:

Good God if I was building a PC for someone and it didn't post I'd probably throw up and write them a check.

yeah lol.

was building a Ryzen system for a friend, and it wasn't posting at all. I did the usual troubleshooting steps while at their house (unplug/reinsert power connectors, reduce it down to the bare bones, etc.) eventually, I got it to post about 1 in 3 times when using only one stick of RAM in one of the channels. then, once it booted into BIOS, I upgraded to AGESA 1.0.0.6, and then it worked like a charm.

Desktop:

Laptop:

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

Do you have a patreon? gofundme? somewhere I can donate my hard-earned money for meaningless internet points!??!!?!

I have a kickstarter, which is: lazyfuckneedsmoney.  My story follows along the lines of me really enjoying eating pizza and donuts, hate my job and like to walk around my house all day aimlessly in my underwear.  However, my love of video games gives me a renewed purpose and lease on life, but I cannot afford to be in my underwear playing games all day...currently.  That's where you, the reader, come in.  I have no personality and suck at all the games I play, but I feel as though people will relate to that and I can form a career on Twitch and Youtube.

...in all seriousness I do stream on Twitch, and I regularly attract 2 viewers (epic).

2 minutes ago, FosterGuy said:

I have a kickstarter, which is: lazyfuckneedsmoney.  My story follows along the lines of me really enjoying eating pizza and donuts, hate my job and like to walk around my house all day aimlessly in my underwear.  However, my love of video games gives me a renewed purpose and lease on life, but I cannot afford to be in my underwear playing games all day...currently.  That's where you, the reader, come in.  I have no personality and suck at all the games I play, but I feel as though people will relate to that and I can form a career on Twitch and Youtube.

...in all seriousness I do stream on Twitch, and I regularly attract 2 viewers (epic).

....I lied, one of the two viewers is me on my laptop watching the 0 comments fly by.

4 hours ago, FosterGuy said:

Spent $3200 on parts.  First build in a VERY long time.  Took about 8 hours or so to get my first completion.  Turned on the power button on back, nothing.  Tore apart, tightened everything, etc.  Nothing.  Tore apart...reassemble...nothing....read 5 different manuals, sweat, curse, scare the hell out of the dog...nothing.  

**Pushes the power button on the FRONT of the case**.....works instantly.  K.

Must have been quite a while since the last build. :)

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On 7/7/2017 at 7:57 PM, brob said:

Must have been quite a while since the last build. :)

15 years or so (I'm 32)