Looking for a monitor arm

Stevoisboss

I am looking for an arm mount for my monitor. Can anyone recommend me one or tell me what to avoid? I would like it to be pretty compact because one of the reasons I want an arm is to save desk space.Thanks. 

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

Can you provide some details about your setup?

-desk thickness

-monitor size

-monitor weight (both with and without stand)

-desk grommet present (yes or no)

-budget

-style preference if applicable

I've been happy with mounts I've used from Monoprice.  You can go for either a desk mount secured on the back lip or cable grommet hole on the desk itself or mount directly to a wall (if available) to have it completely off the desk.  If you're looking for wall mounts, look under the TV wall mount section and just make sure the VESA size on your monitor matches up with what's available on the mount.

18 hours ago, LyondellBasell said:

Can you provide some details about your setup?

-desk thickness

-monitor size

-monitor weight (both with and without stand)

-desk grommet present (yes or no)

-budget

-style preference if applicable

-slightly less than 1inch thick

-24"

-16lbs with stand (Idk about w/o)

-no

-loosely around $100

-no red and black, plain black/silver or both would be preferred 

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

There's a brand called Duronics which are on Amazon which I can personally recommend. I have the dual monitor one in black, but they do single monitor ones too...not sure if they have silver ones though.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

Here's a few Monoprice options depending on how much you adjustment you want/need:

Simple Tilt/Swivel

2 Way Adjustable

3 Way Adjustable

One thing to keep in mind with the longer arm mounts is the further out you have it from the mounting point the more torque there is.  It's easy to have the mount flex/bend at the bottom if you're swinging it way out.  All the mounts linked above support 100x100 VESA (what your monitor uses).  They have a minimum 7/8" (0.875") clamping size, so make sure your desk is at least that this or you may need to use a small block of wood to build up some extra thickness.