Question on lengths of tubings?

I'm almost sold on getting the tower 900 by thermaltake. But I already know that I will need some really long tubes to pull that off. How much does tube length effect temps?

6 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

I'm almost sold on getting the tower 900 by thermaltake. But I already know that I will need some really long tubes to pull that off. How much does tube length effect temps?

It's very marginal, it adds some frictional loss but with a good pump you won't see any issues with a longer tubing run or complex bends. 

3 hours ago, W-L said:

It's very marginal, it adds some frictional loss but with a good pump you won't see any issues with a longer tubing run or complex bends. 

I have the pump from EKWB's P series. I believe its a PWM controlled D5. Would you recommend this for longer tubings? Also when I'm talking long tubes, have you seen how long the tubes have to be in the tower 900?

10 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

The effect would be very much not significant enough. If you insist in numbers, it will be like it will drop your efficiency by like 0.01% or so I think.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

1 minute ago, Doomerson said:

I have the pump from EKWB's P series. I believe its a PWM controlled D5. Would you recommend this for longer tubings? Also when I'm talking long tubes, have you seen how long the tubes have to be in the tower 900?

Yeah the D5 shouldn't have too many problems even with longer runs, as long as you don't say leave the entire coil of tubing as part of the loop :P

You'll have more restriction from blocks and rads to a much lesser degree that would be a priority first over the tubing. 

4 hours ago, W-L said:

...You'll have more restriction from blocks and rads... 

Yes.

Blocks more than rads, you could run 2x420watercool mora radiators and it'd be fine, but 7 GPUs and 2 CPUs should get you thinking.

15 hours ago, W-L said:

Yeah the D5 shouldn't have too many problems even with longer runs, as long as you don't say leave the entire coil of tubing as part of the loop :P

You'll have more restriction from blocks and rads to a much lesser degree that would be a priority first over the tubing. 

Meaning restriction for the waterflow? How could this be measured? I plan on going with a 360 rad for the CPU

You can get a flowmeter that can be quantified, like a Koolance Flowmeter coupled to a multiplier/digitizer. I had one in my loop initially, but once I knew the flow was enough, I took it out.

2 hours ago, Doomerson said:

Meaning restriction for the waterflow? How could this be measured? I plan on going with a 360 rad for the CPU

As said a flow meter would be the way to get an idea of how much restriction each component adds. The D5 won't have any trouble with a single CPU block and rad and even more down the line. 

7 hours ago, W-L said:

As said a flow meter would be the way to get an idea of how much restriction each component adds. The D5 won't have any trouble with a single CPU block and rad and even more down the line. 

I'll just take your word for this one, I don't want to mess with something like a flow meter currently if I don't have too.

2 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

I'll just take your word for this one, I don't want to mess with something like a flow meter currently if I don't have too.

You can try varying the speed of the pump when the lop is assembled to see the change in temps but usually it's very marginal a couple of degrees at most. 

If its any help, I have 2x GPU Blocks, 1x CPU monoblock, 240mm Rad, 360 mm Rad, and at 90% pump speed on a D5 get 1 gpm of flow (3.8 liter per minute). This is a sufficient flow, in a fairly restrictive system. 

3 hours ago, W-L said:

You can try varying the speed of the pump when the lop is assembled to see the change in temps but usually it's very marginal a couple of degrees at most. 

Okay, thank you! I appreciate the information!

3 hours ago, For Science! said:

If its any help, I have 2x GPU Blocks, 1x CPU monoblock, 240mm Rad, 360 mm Rad, and at 90% pump speed on a D5 get 1 gpm of flow (3.8 liter per minute). This is a sufficient flow, in a fairly restrictive system. 

Actually that's a lot of help, and helps me feel a lot more reassured about the next loop that I'm planning. If you're getting sufficient flow there, than I shouldn't have any problem, even with long tubes.