As a used gamer, am I the only one hyped about the mining bubble bursting?

GamingDevilsCC

Oh, all these sweet, succulent R9 290/x, 390/x and RX 470/480, RX 570/580s becoming $75-$150 CAD.

4 minutes ago, GamingDevilsCC said:

Oh, all these sweet, succulent R9 290/x, 390/x and RX 470/480, RX 570/580s becoming $75-$150 CAD.

Yep! Mine will probably be used for BOINC, not gaming though.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Doubtful they will be going for that cheap even used after mining. Most miners try to claim they were never mined on to cover the cost of the cards they bought. They will still be good cards probably when they go to sell them so chances of them admitting they mined on them is very low.

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

Nope not really. If they were used for mining then I don't want them. 

Assuming the person knows how to mine, I'd be completely fine with getting the card, since it would've been underclocked and undervolted, and with proper airflow and temps.

The onlything that could really go wrong is the fans, which are easily replaceable, especially with the XFX cards.

Just now, GamingDevilsCC said:

Assuming the person knows how to mine, I'd be completely fine with getting the card, since it would've been underclocked and undervolted, and with proper airflow and temps.

The onlything that could really go wrong is the fans, which are easily replaceable, especially with the XFX cards.

Yeah because assuming people know what they're doing is a smart thing to do when buying used cards lol

Just now, Zeriu said:

Doubtful they will be going for that cheap even used after mining. Most miners try to claim they were never mined on to cover the cost of the cards they bought. They will still be good cards probably when they go to sell them so chances of them admitting they mined on them is very low.

Well, there may be a change it will go cheap, as multiple people will be selling there cards, and assuming most people will want to go for a new card since they're going to be back in stock, the miners will probably compete with other miners on trying to sell there cards, making them price it lower, aka supply and demand

Just now, HunterSkater429 said:

Used gamer, you mean poor gamer?

I guess so, but I usually like getting deals on PC parts even if I do have the money, and its hard to get good deals on new parts over here.

2 minutes ago, GamingDevilsCC said:

Well, there may be a change it will go cheap, as multiple people will be selling there cards, and assuming most people will want to go for a new card since they're going to be back in stock, the miners will probably compete with other miners on trying to sell there cards, making them price it lower, aka supply and demand

Hmm never thought of it like that. Very possible now that I think about it haha. Might be worth grabbing one just to have encase I build a PC for a friend if that happens.

4 minutes ago, HunterSkater429 said:

Used gamer, you mean poor gamer?

go away.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

7 minutes ago, GamingDevilsCC said:

I guess so, but I usually like getting deals on PC parts even if I do have the money, and its hard to get good deals on new parts over here.

Nothing wrong with trying to get great deals.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

2 minutes ago, HunterSkater429 said:

No.

well at least don't be a dick while you're here.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

10 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

well at least don't be a dick while you're here.

Dutsy old bones, full of green dust 

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal

I just got a 1070 at a slick price but I have a friend who wants a gpu :)

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious