Exploiting Gamestop promotions for profit

SteveGrabowski0

So Gamestop has this deal where they're currently paying 60% higher trade in value if you trade in six or more games. Because the Playstation Store's Midyear Sale has two games I already have on disc for way cheaper than what Gamestop will pay me for the discs, I sold them back. Check this shit:

1. Sold Nioh for $40 trade credit
2. Sold Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection, God of War III Remastered, The Last of Us Remastered, and Bloodborne for $20 trade credit each. So now I'm at $140 in trade credit.
3. Then I bought back my copies of Bloodborne and The Last of Us Remastered for $20.55 each after tax, losing $1.10 total. So now I'm at $98.90 in trade credit.
4. Since Gamestop has a buy two get one free of equal or lesser value deal going on for used games from July 1st-4th, I got back Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection free for buying back my two games.
5. So then I paid $1.10 in cash plus my $98.90 in store credit to buy $100 worth of Playstation Store cards.
6. So then I bought Ratchet & Clank off the PS Store for $10 and God of War III Remastered off the PS Store for $6.

So I basically traded Nioh and $1.10 cash in for $84 of PS Store credit, at the expense of converting my copies of Ratchet & Clank and God of War III from physical to digital copies.

I think you may have too much time in your life ...

great exploit though lmao

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

11 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

I think you may have too much time in your life ...

great exploit though lmao

It took 15 minutes of my time lol. There's actually an even better exploit using this deal though. There are a few games you can buy from Best Buy and Walmart for $20 that can get you $40 to $50 in trade credit back because of this promotion. So if you're looking to do a Switch pre-order or an XBox One X pre-order it's actually a good way to get one at around half price once you factor in losses from sales tax.