Asus 780 DC2OC or EVGA 780 Classified ?

z484z

so i'm building a new rig for my friend

Cooler Master Scout 2 Black

Corsair RM850 ( i'm gonna do something about that yellow RM to fit the color scheme <_<  )

Asus Maximus VI Hero

i7-4770k + H100i

16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum

Samsung 840 Pro 250GB

some Corsair AF + SP and some Noctua NF-F12 +  NF-A14 FLX ( i'm going for good positive airflow )

and i can't deiced between these tow since there is only 20$ difference

i'm leaning more towards the Asus version since it's recommended left right and center and it fits the color scheme + the back plate

1- which one of these cards can fit in and still can close the side panel ?

2- which one of these tow runs cooler and quieter ?

3- which one overclocks better ?

4- for the future .. which one of these tow scale better in SLI ?

let me know what you think guys

thanks in advance :)

The classified edition is bigger but it runs faster but as for everything else the Direct cu II takes the cake

The classified edition is bigger but it runs faster but as for everything else the Direct cu II takes the cake

can it fits in Scout 2 and still be able to close the side panel ? 

As far as I know the Classified runs hella fast when overclocked although it's not as quiet and does not have a backplate

144Hz goodness

The classfield is faster but i would of picked DCUİİ for the looks (BACKPLATE 0.0)

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

As far as I know the Classified runs hella fast when overclocked although it's not as quiet and does not have a backplate

yes that's what i'v been reading 

The classfield is faster but i would of picked DCUİİ for the looks (BACKPLATE 0.0)

it's just sexy .. but i like the clean sharp EVGA look too .. but no back plate :(

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

can it fits in Scout 2 and still be able to close the side panel ? 

Yeah I think it will not 100 % sure though

DUCII still runs fast and their both 780s so you wont see more of a difference between +/- 5 frames.

Also if I do recall DCUII overclocks really well.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_780_directcu_ii_review,18.html

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/evga_geforce_gtx_780_classified_review,18.html

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

DUCII still runs fast and their both 780s so you wont see more of a difference between +/- 5 frames.

Also if I do recall DCUII overclocks really well.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_780_directcu_ii_review,18.html

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/evga_geforce_gtx_780_classified_review,18.html

yes it dose and runs cooler if not the cooler 780 on the market

Go for the DCUII cooler.  They are beast overclockers, super quiet, and super cool.  The backplate is beautiful!

and pairing it up with the Hero motherboard is pure sexiness 

yes it dose and runs cooler if not the cooler 780 on the market

and pairing it up with the Hero motherboard is pure sexiness 

Maybe you could get the 860i or 760i in your budget. Those are red and if you get 860i you can do sli in the future :)

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Maybe you could get the 860i or 760i in your budget. Those are red and if you get 860i you can do sli in the future :)

now i know who stole my time machine  :o