Dell S2417DG vs ASUS PG279Q to pair with a 1070

So i'm looking into buying a GTX 1070 and I need a monitor to pair it with. Currently, I've been gaming on a 60hz monitor and I'm a ready to feel that 144hz goodness. My only hesitation between the Dell S2417DG and the ASUS PG279Q is that the Dell is a tn panel. My current monitor is a IPS and I'm not sure if I could go back. 

Price vs IPS 

Do I take the cheaper monitor and lose out on IPS or should I pay the higher price for the IPS? If somebody who has either monitor or just knows enough about the two of them could give me some advice, I would greatly appreciate it. My main question is simply if the Dell TN panel is that atrocious that I should pony up the money for the more expensive ASUS monitor? 

Just now, Himommies said:

IPS is wonderful get UPS

Pretty sure UPS doesn't offer IPS

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

The panel on Dell is as most people say very good (better than a TN). I'd say get the Dell instead. 

1 minute ago, Billy_Mays said:

Pretty sure UPS doesn't offer IPS

Facepalm.It's like that one time I pasted a Pcpartpicker link wrong

My life

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

The panel on Dell is as most people say very good (better than a TN). I'd say get the Dell instead. 

Objectively I say the IPS is still far better but my friend who use the monitor on a regular basis say's it's approximate with my AOC panel

My life

The TN panel on the Dell monitor is objectively better than most regular ones, but it's not "IPS quality". I have the PG279Q myself and am very satisfied with it but the S2714DG is great too.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, Himommies said:

Objectively I say the IPS is still far better but my friend who use the monitor on a regular basis say's it's approximate with my AOC panel

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-s2417dg/

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/dell-s2417dg-24-inch-165hz-g-sync-gaming-monitor,4788-5.html

http://www.144hzmonitors.com/monitors/dell-s2417dg-review/

Pretty good for a TN

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

The TN panel on the Dell monitor is objectively better than most regular ones, but it's not "IPS quality". I have the PG279Q myself and am very satisfied with it but the S2714DG is great too.

2417, I know numbers are confusing

what you are referring to is the 27" model is 2716

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

2417, I know numbers are confusing

what you are referring to is the 27" model is 2716

Nah, I was trying to say the S2417DG but the S2716DG is good too.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

16 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Facepalm.It's like that one time I pasted a Pcpartpicker link wrong

I know I was joking around

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Check how much is the AOC AG271QG, it is usually quite a bit cheaper than the ASUS and you get "IPS"  with it as well.

38 minutes ago, CoolMarquis97 said:

So i'm looking into buying a GTX 1070 and I need a monitor to pair it with. Currently, I've been gaming on a 60hz monitor and I'm a ready to feel that 144hz goodness. My only hesitation between the Dell S2417DG and the ASUS PG279Q is that the Dell is a tn panel. My current monitor is a IPS and I'm not sure if I could go back. 

Price vs IPS 

Do I take the cheaper monitor and lose out on IPS or should I pay the higher price for the IPS? If somebody who has either monitor or just knows enough about the two of them could give me some advice, I would greatly appreciate it. My main question is simply if the Dell TN panel is that atrocious that I should pony up the money for the more expensive ASUS monitor? 

I'd say get the Dell. My brother use it and its amazing.

IMO IPS isn't really worth it if you use your monitor straight ahead. The colour won't shift