cooler master masterwatt lite 600w for high end cards..

hey can you help with this plz
i recently assembled a new pc 
details :
i7 7700k 
msi z270 m7
1 tb wd hdd blue
cooler master hyper 212 led fan 
ram ddr4 8gb
psu cooler master masterwatt lite 600w

i just want to know
can i psu handle a gtx 1060 or 1070 graphic card

Handle yes? For how long? Probably very short

Would not advise, its meant for basic builds, not high end ones. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

15 minutes ago, sam_31 said:

details :
i7 7700k 
msi z270 m7
1 tb wd hdd blue
ram ddr4 8gb

i just want to know

Fix this for dark theme users, and with regards to the PSU, please dont skimp out on it. It could deffo run the cards but not for very long. Theres plenty of tier lists available. its ALWAYS worth it to spend a little extra on a PSU because its imo the most important component you buy

well thnx can you tell a budget psu for 1070 amp edition 

Ignore everyone else in this thread. Unless you are planning on trying some serious OCing on both card and cpu or a custom cooling loop with an overly massive pump or 7 industrial Noctua fans running at full speed, it will be more than enough.

1 hour ago, ravenshrike said:

Ignore everyone else in this thread. Unless you are planning on trying some serious OCing on both card and cpu or a custom cooling loop with an overly massive pump or 7 industrial Noctua fans running at full speed, it will be more than enough.

No, don't ignore everyone else in this thread. The PSU OP is asking about is not a good unit and there's more to PSUs than their advertised wattage output, the likes of which I doubt that Cooler Master can even reach like so many of their low-end units.

6 hours ago, sam_31 said:

details :
i7 7700k 
msi z270 m7
1 tb wd hdd blue
ram ddr4 8gb

i just want to know

If you can afford a 7700K then you A. can afford an SSD and B. Can afford a decent PSU. A Corsair CX550 should be fine for either a 1060 or 1070 and isn't very expensive.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

27 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

If you can afford a 7700K then you A. can afford an SSD and B. Can afford a decent PSU. A Corsair CX550 should be fine for either a 1060 or 1070 and isn't very expensive.

Had you taken two seconds to look up the specs you would have seen it has all the relevant protections and over a 100,000 hour lifetime. For his build it is a perfectly serviceable PSU. It would run a 1080ti on his build without without flinching.

9 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

Had you taken two seconds to look up the specs you would have seen it has all the relevant protections and over a 100,000 hour lifetime. For his build it is a perfectly serviceable PSU. It would run a 1080ti on his build without without flinching.

It's a MasterWatt Lite. It's meant to compete with the EVGA B-series and the like. It's not a very good unit. Any unit made today would fail to go to market without any protections at all, of course it has some.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

41 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

Just because the specification shows that it had the relevant protection with a MTBF rating of 100,000 hours doesn't mean that the power supply is serviceable nor does it show it capability. Considering how the Cooler Master have a track record of releasing poor units in the past, those factors alone does not shows whether or not it capable of running his build "without flinching".

In fact, the Cooler Master Extreme 2 475 market to have all of the same protection as the Masterwatt Lite (OVP / UVP / OCP / OPP / OTP / SCP) with an MTBF rating of 100,000 hours, and yet it fail to stay within ATX specification at 380wDC in voltage regulation and at 430wDC in ripple suppression. On top of that, it had burned out when trying to deliver that showing that the so-call OPP is either set too high or non-existent. http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/cooler-master-extreme-2-475-w-power-supply-review/7/

So even if it did have OPP, it doesn't mean anything if it's not working the say it should.

That's only one example of what Cooler Master had release. Since the Masterwatt Lite is new and there is no review on it, the OP should have look for something else.

11 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

It's a MasterWatt Lite. It's meant to compete with the EVGA B-series and the like. It's not a very good unit. Any unit made today would fail to go to market without any protections at all, of course it has some.

Some... no, it has all six, of which only three are mandated.per the ATX spec. Again, had you bothered to look the unit up, you would know this. His build is a gaming PC, not a silent runner or OC spec.As such, as a nominally rated 600W PSU with all the relevant protections, the masterwatt lite is a perfectly serviceable unit for his needs. Moreover ,the only bad reviews I can find are of the Masterwatt Maker and that's because Bluetooth on a PSU is fucking stupid.

31 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

Some... no, it has all six, of which only three are mandated.per the ATX spec. Again, had you bothered to look the unit up, you would know this. His build is a gaming PC, not a silent runner or OC spec.As such, as a nominally rated 600W PSU with all the relevant protections, the masterwatt lite is a perfectly serviceable unit for his needs. Moreover ,the only bad reviews I can find are of the Masterwatt Maker and that's because Bluetooth on a PSU is fucking stupid.

It's a gaming PC with a decent dGPU. Plus the Masterwatt Maker is a vastly superior unit, like 5 or 6 tiers on my tier list, over the Masterwatt Lite. 

We also don't have professional reviews of the unit and considering its price point and lack of information, it would be a bad idea to buy it for any system with a dGPU, regardless of how confident of a total unknown you might be.

57 minutes ago, quan289 said:

Just because the specification shows that it had the relevant protection with a MTBF rating of 100,000 hours doesn't mean that the power supply is serviceable nor does it show it capability. Considering how the Cooler Master have a track record of releasing poor units in the past, those factors alone does not shows whether or not it capable of running his build "without flinching".

In fact, the Cooler Master Extreme 2 475 market to have all of the same protection as the Masterwatt Lite (OVP / UVP / OCP / OPP / OTP / SCP) with an MTBF rating of 100,000 hours, and yet it fail to stay within ATX specification at 380wDC in voltage regulation and at 430wDC in ripple suppression. On top of that, it had burned out when trying to deliver that showing that the so-call OPP is either set too high or non-existent. http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/cooler-master-extreme-2-475-w-power-supply-review/7/

So even if it did have OPP, it doesn't mean anything if it's not working the say it should.

That's only one example of what Cooler Master had release. Since the Masterwatt Lite is new and there is no review on it, the OP should have look for something else.

His build will potentially draw 360-380 watts at max assuming an Asus Strix OC 1070. So even if CM was still releasing a piece of crap like the Extreme 2 and he were to buy that his build wouldn't push it past its limits. In reality looking around the net it appears to be the next iteration and a rebranding of their B series PSUs which are for his purposes perfectly serviceable especially as it's a 600 watt PSU.

15 hours ago, ravenshrike said:

His build will potentially draw 360-380 watts at max assuming an Asus Strix OC 1070. So even if CM was still releasing a piece of crap like the Extreme 2 and he were to buy that his build wouldn't push it past its limits. In reality looking around the net it appears to be the next iteration and a rebranding of their B series PSUs which are for his purposes perfectly serviceable especially as it's a 600 watt PSU.

The Masterwatt Lite is replacing the CWT GPM / GPK based Bv2 models as you have said; however, that doesn't mean that it is a direct rebrand of that platform. The MWL is made by a completely different OEM, so you can't really used that as a reference point to determine the quality of the power supply, because not all companies set on improving itself over the previous iterations.

While it is true that such a system can be powered by even a quality 400w PSU, just because you see that the Ex2 475w only went out of specs after 350w doesn't mean that it would be fine, as it's v.reg went out of specs in a control, static load. In a modern day rig that is very 12V heavy, the PSU will be subject to large dynamic and transient loads, in which the voltages will likely behave more erratically and drop harder in this sort of design - giving the PSU less of a window to stay in specs.

Now if you are saying that by going for a larger 600w model will provide it enough margin to make up for the shit that been put out, there's a few example of this from other brands but CM at one point in time took a PSU, updated some of the components, and had it marketed as a higher wattage unit; however, it had tested to have the same electrical profile as the lower wattage unit where both of them touch ATX specification at the similar loads (and out of specs on the higher wattage unit). This shows that there's a limitation that's not just cause by the components that determine rated output but as well as the design itself.

Anyways, will the Cooler Master MWL be so bad that they will put out some POS into the market? Probably not, as I hope they had learn their lessons with the garbage they had release in the past. However, since there is no information on it other than it being built by Enhance Electronics, placed in the entry level segment, and will be group-regulated as well as this is a new PSU that he may be able to return, I'm not giving them any benefit of the doubt an would recommend getting a known modern PSU.

• 1 month later...
On 02/07/2017 at 7:39 PM, sam_31 said:

details :
i7 7700k 
msi z270 m7
1 tb wd hdd blue
ram ddr4 8gb

i just want to know

I have had a cooler master ex2 525 for about 4 years running a hd7850 (130 watt TDP) and i5 3570 (77 watt tdp).I now have a rx 470 (120 watt TDP).It makes some noises now but still stable.Hope that helps.

On 2.7.2017 at 1:39 PM, sam_31 said:

i just want to know

Probably, but not recommended.

You should save some money and get a decent PSU. Just because a PSU doesn't do FPS doesn't mean it's utterly unimportant!

With the PSU, you can adjust the lifetime of components. With a high quality/good PSU, your rig might live a bit longer than with a cheap one.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"