Computer Randomly Turns Off

matto97

So im building a new comp for my brother
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1600x
Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350
Heatsink: Noctua NH-U14S

Now when playing games after about 5 mins the computer just shuts off.
Looking at temps it idles about 50-60c and i cant figure out why.

I have re applied thermal past twice, first time was with the supplied Noctua stuff, second time i re did it with the same stuff.
third time i re did it i used my Be Quiet stuff.

Im concerned and not sure as to why its running so hot and shutting off, i believe its turning off because of the temperature but again, im un sure.

Even under full load the air coming out of the case feels cool, not warm at all.

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

PSU? 

Be Quiet Pure Power 700W

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

PSU? 

That most important part in a system. 

Is the shut down instantaneous? or like slow one? 

Magical Pineapples

Just now, MrUnknownEMC said:

That most important part in a system. 

Is the shut down instantaneous? or like slow one? 

instant

Just now, matto97 said:

instant

it sounds like your PSU has an issue. 

So you dont think the stupidly high temps are causing it?
Not like a safety feature where its reaching a temp and turning off?

4 minutes ago, matto97 said:

So im building a new comp for my brother
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1600x
Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350
Heatsink: Noctua NH-U14S

Now when playing games after about 5 mins the computer just shuts off.
Looking at temps it idles about 50-60c and i cant figure out why.

I have re applied thermal past twice, first time was with the supplied Noctua stuff, second time i re did it with the same stuff.
third time i re did it i used my Be Quiet stuff.

Im concerned and not sure as to why its running so hot and shutting off, i believe its turning off because of the temperature but again, im un sure.

Even under full load the air coming out of the case feels cool, not warm at all.

Make sure all the connectors are fully inserted. I had an issue with a friends computer with similar issues that turned out to be a connector that wasn't completely in 

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

Just now, astrosheen said:

Make sure all the connectors are fully inserted. I had an issue with a friends computer with similar issues that turned out to be a connector that wasn't completely in 

yeah good point, il make sure there all in properly, and nothing has tension on it

1 minute ago, matto97 said:

So you dont think the stupidly high temps are causing it?
Not like a safety feature where its reaching a temp and turning off?

not at all, your temps are good, did you OC? 

not at all, your temps are good, did you OC? 

No, its only freshly put together and unboxed.
And you sure, 50-60c doesnt sound like a good idle :/
sorry you might of read that as Fahrenheit? 

And you sure, 50-60c doesnt sound like a good idle :/

clear CMOS 

9 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

clear CMOS 

still no luck, shut down again.

still no luck, shut down again.

get a new PSU

3 thing 

- CPU is defective, unlikely 

- MOBO is defective 

- PSU is defective 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

get a new PSU

3 thing 

- CPU is defective, unlikely 

- MOBO is defective 

- PSU is defective 

i guess i can try swapping my psu in to the new comp, probably going to take a break for a bit but il do that and see what happens.
still really not happy with the idle temps though as its at 61c right now but my comp is idling at 28c and its right next to it

managed to find out it was Gigabytes "Easy Tune" software causing the massive temps and random shut downs.
un installed that and havent shut down once, ambient temps are about 35c and load temps about 60c