How to lower intensity in Ethminer

So after a bit of plugging about I have discovered how to lower the intensity of Ethminer so that you can mine Ether while still having enough resources left to use your desktop for normal tasks like watching youtube videos and general web browsing.  Building the dag file is still rather intensive though.  This may only work with Nvidia cards.  I don't have an AMD card to test with.
To change the intensity level, use the --cl-local-work flag when running the miner.  The default value is 64.  I tested 50 on my GTX 970 and still had enough resources left to stream video from the xfinity website.

The following links are provided to hopefully help promote this post in search engine ranks for people looking for this information.  The links are to posts of people asking how to do this.  I simply don't want to create more accounts - and more exposure for LTT isn't a bad thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/3mc5h0/change_mining_intensity/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4e1v79/intensity_of_gpu_miner/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1258802.0&ct=ga&cd=CAIyGjk4YjY4ZDExNTYxOTgzZTk6Y29tOmVuOlVT&usg=AFQjCNGrugxLqlK5dcQK_eQYV-wF1rQJvA

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

If you are using Claymore and want to lower the intensity so you can mine while still using your computer for basic tasks, use the -ethi flag.  By default it is set to 8.  I found 4 allowed me to still watch online videos while mining.

1 hour ago, Cracklingice said:

If you are using Claymore and want to lower the intensity so you can mine while still using your computer for basic tasks, use the -ethi flag.  By default it is set to 8.  I found 4 allowed me to still watch online videos while mining.

My stuttering was always really bad while mining. Found that a big memory OC helped very much

That's an F in the profile pic

So update, I have found that ehti 2 allows me to actually play world of warcraft while still mining as well.  I've also started using the dual part of claymore to mine LBRY.  I get about 19mh/s in each without any intensity adjustment and with -ethi 2 and -dcri 20 I am getting about 19 eth and 14 lbry.  When I fire up the game it drops to about 14 / 10.  The game is typically between 45 and the vsync max of 60.  1080p graphics 7 vsync on.