Help me decide, stronger pump+rad or CPU block?

13 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Just curious but why?  As I've said several times now a D5 just does not fit in my pc.  

DDC runs hot and loud and fails often.

D5s are much more quiet and reliable and should be in every custom loop.

A D5 will definitely fit in your PC. It is only a few cm longer than a DDC.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

A D5 will definitely fit in your PC. It is only a few cm longer than a DDC.

A few cm is too much lol.  I need something around 100-120mm tall total

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

4 minutes ago, Damascus said:

A few cm is too much lol.  I need something around 100-120mm tall total

Why not just put the res and pump horizontally?

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-100-glass-revo-d5-pwm-incl-pump

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Why not just put the res and pump horizontally?

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-100-glass-revo-d5-pwm-incl-pump

Huh, could work.  I don't feel great about having a horizontal tube of water right over my gpu lol but if D5 is legitimately worthwhile...

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Huh, could work.  I don't feel great about having a horizontal tube of water right over my gpu lol but if D5 is legitimately worthwhile...

No space under the GPU? What case?

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

No space under the GPU? What case?

Inwin 301.  592395445977f_Thoughtsonaloop.png.d78efcfd7752653405e1db07e1a4ef45.png

7 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Inwin 301.  

You sure that there is enough space for a rad on the bottom there?

From all the pics it looks like the end with the barbs will interfere with the vertical rad.

And this is WITHOUT front fans, btw...

Image result for Inwin 301

Also, either way your pump+res will be over your GPU.

There is no less risk of a leak by putting it vertical instead of horizontal.

You can always just skip the res and just use a D5+pump top in your loop too, just makes it harder to fill.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

You sure that there is enough space for a rad on the bottom there?

It's surprisingly roomy when you use 25mm rad + 25mm fan and I may use noctuas new 15mm fans for the front Rad.

I'm also planning on moving the bottom rad back, closer to the pcie slots with a little bit of very minor modding 

Well @Enderman you have convinced me, D5 shall be the final choice of pump.  I'll get an accelero for the mean time, a mere 60 bucks with prime shipping to boot.