PC gaming tips and hints (keyboard and mouse)

I can only say i never used WASD keys. Im still using directional ones and keys around them.

But yeah keep on doing and youll not even realize that you got used to it.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

sit on forums allday and post your opinions on everything, even if its bad.

Its a good way to get to know your keyboard and learn how to type with speed.

That should be easy I talk crap most of the time

*** CPU - i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz *** MB - Asus Maximus V Gene *** RAM - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1600MHz *** GPU - Asus Direct CUII AMD Radeon HD 7870 *** Case - Corsair Obsidian 350D *** OS SSD120GB OCZ

*** Storage - 500GB WD Black (Gaming Drive), 1TB Seagate Barracuda (Storage) *** PSU - OCZ ZX 1000W *** CPU Cooler - Cooler Master V6 GT *** Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 *** Mouse - Corsair Vengeance K65

*** Headset - ROG Vulcan ANC

So what you use to sprint n crouch

ALT to sprint, X to crouch.

Your learning it wrong. When I got into the Pc gaming master race. I found it as easy as the controler.

you should atleast be able to learn 1 key forever each 30 seconds. So in 10 minutes you know all controls. I went faster then that

Learn to learn, it exists.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Hi guys

In the last year I've made the switch from consoles and I love it, but I won't go it to that. My problem is that I'm still struggling with the keyboard and mouse, well to be honest just the keyboard really.

And hints, help, tutorials etc would be much appreciated??

Thanks

I switched last Year from console to PC and I had the same problem.

It just takes some time to get used to it I can now game and write without even watching on my Keyboard, before I could bearly figure out how to walk with WASD xD

RTX2070OC 

The best advice I have is to just rebind every thing to what suits you. For example I have crouch as Q, sprint as Space and Jump as one of the side mouse buttons simply because I cannot for the life of me use the shift and ctrl buttons. Another thing you could try is to buy a mouse with lots of side buttons and bind most stuff to that. 

If you really want to learn quick, I suggest you try out Arma 2: Free. Despite being extremely difficult it has a very spread out keyboard layout which can be challenging for even experienced PC players. It will also teach you to be more tactical for those more difficult PC FPS games out there. If you have steam you can download it here: steam://install/107400 (Paste into URL bar) or if you want the non-steam version, you can download it here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14588  

P.S the forum doesn't like steam links like that, It deletes everything before it (I had to edit this 5 times, trying to get it to be a direct link)

If the download doesn't work, just download the "Demo" of Arma 2 from steam, it's the same thing and the download would be faster.

Cpt.Doom Reporting in!

Gaming with keyboard is like writing with it. Actually writing is harder. I have to glance on keyboard when writing but not when gaming. While gaming I don't have time. So if you can type without looking at keyboard you already know where keys should be located. After that its just adjusting placing of left (right) hand to WASD (or other movement keys) and starting find quick ways to find where correct keys are. Like I have pinky resting on shift and thumb on space. Thumb doesn't move from that position. Pinky moves to two other keys, Ctrl (crouch) and <> (left from z in Nordic layout) which is prone in BF2/3/4/CoD4.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The first game that got me hooked on computer gaming was an MMORPG. me and my guildies would just chat hours on end. that was also how i never really need to 'learn' to understand the keyboard either.