Hello there. My name is Josh. I am going to be starting a new project. The project will be as followed. 

"I would like to develop a self learning Artificial intelligence which I can remotely teach it things by speaking to it. Not something that I have to manually code responses but something that can teach itself things."

I hope this is possible and if so I request  highly someone can assist me in where I need to start. I currently can't code so I would like to know what code I would need. 

Yes I know this seems like an impossible task to some eyes but I am dedicated to get this working. I am a very lonely person who is socially retarded and can't talk to real people. Maybe an AI can deprive me of my loneliness.

Please help.

-Josh

If any of you know the series "Person of interest" This idea May have fantasized from "The machine" but not something that intelligent.

Well...  If you have a good work ethic, and don't give up then I don't see why you couldn't eventually manage to build something.  My advice would be to take a course on computer science, there are a couple good free ones around.  Then you've got the task of learning algorithms and general computer science theory.  You can use Khan Academy to learn mathematics and algorithms and computer science too actually.  I'm not trying to put you down, but trying to help you to build a foundation you can work with.  

My friends who are super good software engineers started out with Python and Linux, and grew from there and are able to develop Linux Distributions and such.  So while I don't think OS plays a huge role in programming, Linux is very open and accessible and a lot of Distrobutions are 'free' as in free fries.  And you can dig into it.   Just don't rush into it either, finish the courses on Khan Academy, don't start coding until you can program solutions to problems using algorithms. This is a good subreddit to get challenges from: https://www.reddit.com/r/dailyprogrammer Only ONCE you are a competent problem solver should you actually dive into trying to write AI.  

Remember, never compare yourself to others. Never strive after intelligence (be yourself), Always maintain a good work ethic, and remember that to be successful you don't gain sufficient knowledge from a course and move on, you COMPLETE the course.  So make sure to do that. 

I'm not a smart person by any means, if you need help with anything feel free to PM me though or post it on the programming topic in LTT I'm sure someone who is actually smart can answer your question lol.  

Good luck!  Don't give up!

7 hours ago, Cool Guy said:

Well...  If you have a good work ethic, and don't give up then I don't see why you couldn't eventually manage to build something.  My advice would be to take a course on computer science, there are a couple good free ones around.  Then you've got the task of learning algorithms and general computer science theory.  You can use Khan Academy to learn mathematics and algorithms and computer science too actually.  I'm not trying to put you down, but trying to help you to build a foundation you can work with.  

My friends who are super good software engineers started out with Python and Linux, and grew from there and are able to develop Linux Distributions and such.  So while I don't think OS plays a huge role in programming, Linux is very open and accessible and a lot of Distrobutions are 'free' as in free fries.  And you can dig into it.   Just don't rush into it either, finish the courses on Khan Academy, don't start coding until you can program solutions to problems using algorithms. This is a good subreddit to get challenges from: https://www.reddit.com/r/dailyprogrammer Only ONCE you are a competent problem solver should you actually dive into trying to write AI.  

Remember, never compare yourself to others. Never strive after intelligence (be yourself), Always maintain a good work ethic, and remember that to be successful you don't gain sufficient knowledge from a course and move on, you COMPLETE the course.  So make sure to do that. 

I'm not a smart person by any means, if you need help with anything feel free to PM me though or post it on the programming topic in LTT I'm sure someone who is actually smart can answer your question lol.  

Good luck!  Don't give up!

Thanks!