What do you think of the GT 1030?

Do you think that the GT 1030 can be capable of 1080p Medium-Low settings gaming? Ive heard from a few reviewers that they were able to play games such as The Witcher 3 and GTAV on Medium-Low settings. What do you think about the GT 1030?

#BudgetMasterRace

CPU: Pentium G4560  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz  CASE: NZXT S340  POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500B MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H  STORAGE: 1tb Wd Blue 7200rpm hdd  MOUSE: Redragon M711 Cobra Chroma RGB 

KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe  MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball  DISPLAY: Dell S2440L 1080p 60hz  HEADPHONES: Audio Technica ATH-M30X's

it will run, but for $80ish dollars, just get a 1050 or an rx 560 or somewhat that. 

a 1030 is decent but i would get a better value for you.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

3 minutes ago, Majestic said:

The only ever relevant Linus video.

The GT 1030 isn't part of that class of GPUs, if you look at the bench online, it's slightly slower than a 750ti.

Not great, but not THAT bad. Though for the price, a 2GB  RX 460 would be better.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

The GT 1030 isn't part of that class of GPUs, if you look at the bench online, it's slightly slower than a 750ti.

Not great, but not THAT bad. Though for the price, a 2GB  RX 460 would be better.

Comparing it to older gen. GPU's does not make the value proposition any better?

8 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Comparing it to older gen. GPU's does not make the value proposition any better?

OP was asking about the 1030, I was only trying to point out the video you linked wasn't providing relevant information about the GT 1030 ;)

Like I said, I personally wouldn't buy that GPU, for the same price, or for a little more you can get something MUCH better.

7 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Which is the point of the video.

Like I pointed out, the GT 1030 is about as good as a 750ti, and people are still buying the 750ti.

The AMDs R5 GPUs and GT 7** GPUs are far from performing as close to a 750ti as the GT1030.

So, if people are still buying 750ti, I'm guessing the GT1030 would be an option, especially since it's cheaper.

Not saying I would agree (even the 750ti is overpriced for what it is IMO), just saying it's understandable that someone would consider it.

4 hours ago, Zeke_ said:

Do you think that the GT 1030 can be capable of 1080p Medium-Low settings gaming? Ive heard from a few reviewers that they were able to play games such as The Witcher 3 and GTAV on Medium-Low settings. What do you think about the GT 1030?

witcher? no
gta? yes
but honestly, is it that hard to save up 20 dollars to get a 1050? 

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

don't get a budget card save your money and get a amd card if you can find one or get a gtx 900 line of cards for cheap.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. To be honest no, just no. Don't get a gt 1030. Buy something Like a GTX 1050 ti or an RX 460. 

PC SPECS

CPU: i5 4690k OC 4.4Ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 Strix OC 

Storage: 1TB HDD, 240GB sandisk SSD

Cooling: NZXT Kraken x61

Case: NZXT S340 elite

PSU: EVGA BQ 650W

Motherboard: Asus - B85M-G R2.0 Micro ATX

RAM: 8x2 (16Gb) Generic kingston ddr3 1600

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotta love that comic sans am I right?

I love to joke around,i'm not at all a professional.

If you were to buy GT 1030, would you rather buy a silent one or fan?

If you're gonna buy a GT1030 at least do the right thing and buy a RX550. The RX550 costs about the same and performs better. In all honesty though just buy a 1050ti or something. Price to performance has a sweet spot of around $150-250. You'd be wasting your money on a GT1030 or RX550

13 hours ago, Zeke_ said:

To be fair the 1030 is capable of the games you mentioned at those settings. The gt 1030 is actually probably the best gt card in years. It can run the witcher at medium settings 1080p at a locked 30 fps so it isn't bad. I would only consider the gt 1030 however if you have something like a small form factor pc and want a cheap low profile graphics card which would perform better than the intergrated gpu present. If you dont have a sff pc save like 20$ and get a gtx 1050 at least.

• 5 months later...

Just had to point out that the comparison to a GTX1050 RX series is wrong, this is a low powered high efficiency unit that comes in passive LP options at half the price of a passive LP GTX1050 and half the peak power draw. So who would buy it?, anyone after a good passive LP video card for SFF or HTPC or many other scenarios. Id bet we will see this chip as an integrated laptop card before long. too. P.S. Im getting one to put in my Low power gaming desktop. and yes Im fine with 30fps (console std).