Replacing an amd r9 290 with a GTX1070

Brezzels

Dear LTT Community,

i found out that i could sell my GPU for 250€/$, so i though wow thats great for a 4 year old GPU. However this GPU will need to be replaced an i thought a 1070 is a great deal since i would only have to spent 150€ plus.  But i struggle with the decision caus my CPU (i5 4690k) could possibly bottleneck that, on the other hand since this is a older GPU it means that i will have warranty again on it in case it breaks sooner. So please be so kind and help me with the decision. By the way i don't want to return to AMD since i have sufffered almoust of the lack of updates and compability to games, thats why i would prefer a Geforce card. However i need to react quick to it, since the drop will come soon i guess.

Curent System:

Win 10 Pro

Asus 87-Plus Mainboard 

I5 4690k

PSU be quiet Powerzone 750w

If i missed something my System on my profile is still accurate

Unless you game at very high refresh rates at high/ultra settings and/or higher resolutions, it's very unlikely that the CPU will bottleneck the GPU.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

2 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Unless you game at very high refresh rates at high/ultra settings and/or higher resolutions, it's very unlikely that the CPU will bottleneck the GPU.

Will there be a reasonable profit for my pc if i do so cause justbenchmark only say its 50% better but he does not know my other stats

4 minutes ago, Brezzels said:

Will there be a reasonable profit for my pc if i do so cause justbenchmark only say its 50% better but he does not know my other stats

If you mean a reason to upgrade then yes getting a 1070 would be a decent upgrade.

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

If you mean a reason to upgrade then yes getting a 1070 would be a decent upgrade.

Thanks guys , i think i made a decision an will return to the good old green side again