1080ti/Kraken G12 problems

RobinHood5

So I installed the Kraken G12 with a corsair H105 onto my ASUS Turbo 1080ti. It idles right at about 32c but as soon as there is any load it goes straight to 80+C and thermal throttles hard. 

I've verified that the pump is running and everything else is wired up good. 

I reseated the cooler being extra careful to get it tightened evenly. It visually looks like the block is making contact with the die. Same thing.

So finally I tried using a little copper shim between the cooler and the GPU. Same results. I'm not usually one to need to ask for help but I'm just straight out of ideas.

EDIT: I'm using Arctic silver V thermal paste with each application.

Is the air coming through the radiator warm?
Is one of the tubes warmer than the other?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

No. I did confirm that there must be SOME contact and SOME cooling taking place though. I unplugged the pump all together while it was idling and the temperature did start to creep up and it went back down once it was plugged in.