Sennheiser gaming Zero or One

MeanieMartini

So I'm looking at replacing my corsair void headphones for another pair of Sennheiser's. I was looking at the gaming Zero or One but hear a amp is rather needed for these. I do have a DAC and amp already (magni 2 modi 2), so my question to you guys is if I'm getting these can I still use the dac and amp I already have or do I need another one in order to use the Mic. I want to have a working mic the entire time and not have wires splitting off all over the place.

I have the Game Zero and you can use that amp with it. However you will have to run the 2nd wire for the mic to your motherboard to be able to use the mic.

Unless you get Sennheiser's GSX 1000 amp/DAC which I also have. But your amp and DAC are already good.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

6 minutes ago, DudeWazap said:

I have the Game Zero and you can use that amp with it. However you will have to run the 2nd wire for the mic to your motherboard to be able to use the mic.

Unless you get Sennheiser's GSX 1000 amp/DAC which I also have. But your amp and DAC are already good.

Now what's the difference with the 1000 vs 1200? And how does the mic sound with it?

10 minutes ago, MeanieMartini said:

Now what's the difference with the 1000 vs 1200? And how does the mic sound with it?

The difference is that on the 1200 you get chat link which is more for LAN party's and tournaments.

This allows up to 8 of these to be connected together for your own team to have a private chat while gaming.

The mic sounds good with it imo.

However it does try to remove alot of background noise in your room and can make you sound a little muffled at times. That's my only complaint.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

1 hour ago, DudeWazap said:

The difference is that on the 1200 you get chat link which is more for LAN party's and tournaments.

This allows up to 8 of these to be connected together for your own team to have a private chat while gaming.

The mic sounds good with it imo.

However it does try to remove alot of background noise in your room and can make you sound a little muffled at times. That's my only complaint.

Alright thanks for the help, I'm probably gonna get it for sure.

6 hours ago, MeanieMartini said:

Alright thanks for the help, I'm probably gonna get it for sure.

You're amp/dac are fine, don't replace them with a Sennheiser one.  Just run the mic cable to your motherboard.  I would also forget about getting the gaming headsets and just get some of the HD lineup of Sennheiser headphones and a mod-mic or a desk mic instead.  The HD598SE's are less expensive and will sound as good or better than either gaming headset, and the HD650 which is more expensive will sound SIGNIFICANTLY better. 

I have the older version of the gaming headset (the PC350, it's virtually the same) and it is nowhere even in the same ballpark for sound quality as my HD650's.  Particularly since you already have decent amplification you shouldn't be wasting your money on gaming headsets for a crappy microphone and in line volume control...