Zotac 1080 ti AMP! Edition or 1080 ti founders edition

I'm planning to build a pc and im wondering if it would be better to get a Zotac 1080 ti AMP! Edition (not the extreme) or a Founders Edition for future custom watercooled capability.
I want to buy the new EKWB aluminium kit, the A240G, and that kit do not support the Zotac card.
The build is:

i7 7700k (Hyper 212x, and planning to watercool in the future)
Asus Strix Z270e or MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
Trident Z RGB 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz
NZXT S340 Elite
Corsair CS750M

The reason I'm asking is because the watercool project is going to take a long time because of budged reasons I can't buy the EKWB kit right now. And I want to overclock both the CPU and the Graphics card, and I want to know if the founders edition would be fine for a time before I buy the kit from EKWB.

Also, If you guys could sugest a case with better air flow than the s340 elite, at the same price point and the same I/O (2 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0) that would be great.

the zotac card it grate (i have the 1070 variant) but since you are planning to water cool get the founders to save money and to be compatible

but the thing is, im planing to put the system in the NZXT S340 elite, and i read somewhere that the case does not have a good airflow. 

And it ill be a long time before i can buy the kit. 

Wont it run too hot?

Get the AMP. 

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

A quick google search shows there are waterblocks for the AMP.

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

The other thing that im not certain about is that the AMP one have better power delivery compared to the Founders.

That will affect overclock right?

2 minutes ago, Jrock said:

A quick google search shows there are waterblocks for the AMP.

I need it to be aluminum, for the EKWB Kit...

Also, I looked it up and found nothing.

2 minutes ago, Xinaman said:

The other thing that im not certain about is that the AMP one have better power delivery compared to the Founders.

That will affect overclock right?

Yeah, more power = higher OC on the 1080 ti. 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Xinaman said:

I need it to be aluminum, for the EKWB Kit...

Also, I looked it up and found nothing.

I'm pretty sure the 240 has a universal block, should work on the AMP

Just now, Damascus said:

I'm pretty sure the 240 has a universal block, should work on the AMP

+1.

Going to need to passively cool those other components though.

Just now, Xinaman said:

There is a compatibility list, the AMP is not there.

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109890769

Grab another card with a good Power Delivery Method for the same price. The Founders cards arent as good as the custom cards at overclocking.(Unless you're lucky to hit 2150 core on a 1070 founders PCB card like me)

Just now, Jrock said:

Grab another card with a good Power Delivery Method for the same price. The Founders cards arent as good as the custom cards at overclocking.(Unless you're lucky to hit 2150 core on a 1070 founders PCB card like me)

That is the thing.... I live in Brazil.... I dont have a lot of places to buy with reasonable prices, and the prices its all over the place, for exemple, the zotac card is around 20~25 usd cheaper than any founders I found.

That is why i chose the AMP! Edition.

Just now, Xinaman said:

That is the thing.... I live in Brazil.... I dont have a lot of places to buy with reasonable prices, and the prices its all over the place, for exemple, the zotac card is around 20~25 usd cheaper than any founders I found.

That is why i chose the AMP! Edition.

Right im not sure then sorry bout that.

26 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Right im not sure then sorry bout that.

the other thing i was considering was to buy the zotac one, and put a kraken g12 on it....

But with that solution, im woried about the vrm and the vram

2 hours ago, Xinaman said:

the other thing i was considering was to buy the zotac one, and put a kraken g12 on it....

But with that solution, im woried about the vrm and the vram

Honestly the universal block will work better than anything else.  It covers absolutely everything and I'd be shocked if the AMP wasn't compatable.  The list is more EK saying "yeah, we tested these and they worked."  If they didn't have an amp extreme available they wouldn't be able to certify it worked.

3 hours ago, Damascus said:

Honestly the universal block will work better than anything else.  It covers absolutely everything and I'd be shocked if the AMP wasn't compatable.  The list is more EK saying "yeah, we tested these and they worked."  If they didn't have an amp extreme available they wouldn't be able to certify it worked.

I just searched pics of the pcbs of the two cards, they are compleatly diferent, the amp is way taller with diferent mounting screws, it wont work.Zotac-GTX-1080-Ti-AMP-Edition-Review-16.

Zotac-GTX-1080-Ti-AMP-Edition-Review-15.

look at the massive rolls of vrms, and the back plate have two big "power boost" shields.

even the alphacool waterblock for the 1080 amp! wont fit.

Get the Better graqphics card, the AMP, Build your loop with just the CPU when you Finally get around to it, than once you find a 1080 Reference waterblock put the amp up for trade. 

So many people "Plan" on watercooling "down the line" and it just never happens as most just end up with a AIO and are happy. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333