Does this GPU have Dual BIOs

DarkBlade2117

Sapphire HD 6970 Dual-X. 

This one here https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b3019/sapphire-hd-6970-dual-x

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Dual BIOSes are quite a new thing as far as I know, starting to appear at the 300 series of AMD and 900 series of Nvidia. There is no mention of dual BIOS on Sapphire's website, AMD's info on the HD 6970 in general as well as there not something visual on the card itself indicating it.

I know dual BIOSes become more of a thing for:

1. GPU flashing

2. motherboards that only support UEFI, so the GPU had both a BIOS and UEFI.

TL;DR: Don't think so, but you never know for 100% until you have it on your hand.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

do you have the GPU on hand? Look for a very very small switch somewhere on the PCB. If you find one that is for switching the dual BIOSes. If there isn't one then there is your answer.

I don't, looking to buy a broken one and from what I've been told seems like a fairly easy fix.

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Dual BIOSes are quite a new thing as far as I know, starting to appear at the 300 series of AMD and 900 series of Nvidia. There is no mention of dual BIOS on Sapphire's website, AMD's info on the HD 6970 in general as well as there not something visual on the card itself indicating it.

I know dual BIOSes become more of a thing for:

1. GPU flashing

2. motherboards that only support UEFI, so the GPU had both a BIOS and UEFI.

TL;DR: Don't think so, but you never know for 100% until you have it on your hand.

A few 6970 had dual BIOs, Sapphire has another 6970 model with dual BIOs but can't seem to find out for this one.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

2 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

A few 6970 had dual BIOs, Sapphire has another 6970 model with dual BIOs but can't seem to find out for this one.

I stand corrected.

But looking at the 360 degree picture over at Newegg it doesn't seem like it has a switch or whatever that allows it to switch BIOS, but of course the pictures are not always 100% correct.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Sapphire DOES have a dual BIOS HD6970, but I don't think it's this one. 

Aight.. so the guy said basically he pulled the card out of his system because he was upgrading, gave it to a friend who said it broke and upgraded. He said when he put it back in his PC to test it worked but putting it in another PC the fans would spin to max but no video would be displayed.. I mean for $10 I can always have a 6970 has a cup holder