Steam Summer Sale -> Prey on Sale?

FrankV

I know we shouldn't speculate much on what will be on sale but some folks who pay close attention may be able to venture a guess. What are the changes Prey will be on sale in the steam summer sale and what would you guess as the cost/discount? 

I'm hoping for 50% off but suspect it will be on sale but only for like 15% off.... maybe 30%... Thoughts? 

wouldn't know until it goes on sale. just add it to your wishlist and use isthereanydeal.com + link steam account to track sales 

I think Prey will be on discount. Most popular games / new AAA games are always on sale. I don't think it will be 50 % off, but something less like 10-30% like you said.

I'm hoping for a Rise of the Tomb Raider discount myself. Time to experience some Lara Croft action ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Main:  1650 v2   @ 4,6GHz   -   X79 Deluxe                -   GTX 1080 @ 2000MHz   -   24GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz / CL10

Side:   i7-4790K @ 4,5GHz   -   Maximus 7 Hero        -   GTX 1070 @ 2114MHz    -  16GB DDR3 @ 2666MHz / CL12

HWBOT

I dont follow much, but I would say it is unlikely to be on sale. its too new.

On 6/21/2017 at 2:16 PM, Tech Wizard said:

I'm hoping for a Rise of the Tomb Raider discount myself. Time to experience some Lara Croft action ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

60% off go nuts!

On 6/21/2017 at 3:16 PM, Tech Wizard said:

Most popular games / new AAA games are always on sale. I don't think it will be 50 % off, but something less like 10-30% like you said.

Games that are very recent and whose "launch window" sales rush coincides with a big Steam sale usually have no discount at all. Endless Space 2, Tekken 7, and Friday the 13th are full price during this sale.

Prey is barely two months old, so for it to have a 34% discount already surprises me a little. That being my favorite genre of game I always worry about them not doing well enough, and I hope this is not an indication that Prey has sold poorly. :/

5 minutes ago, typographie said:

Games that are very recent and whose "launch window" sales rush coincides with a big Steam sale usually have no discount at all. Endless Space 2, Tekken 7, and Friday the 13th are full price during this sale.

Prey is barely two months old, so for it to have a 34% discount already surprises me a little. That being my favorite genre of game I always worry about them not doing well enough, and I hope this is not an indication that Prey has sold poorly. :/

Well, I wanted to buy it but not at full price. 34% I'm probably going to pick it up. I think it being on sale may indicate it has sold well enough but sales have petered out a bit. They may be boosting its profile by inclusion in the steam sale. This is just a guess though. Also, sometimes when DLC is close to coming out the game goes on sale to get more "base copies" out there. This is the trend I saw with Xcom and Stellaris... 

Anyway, I read that the last level is iffy or has some sort of issue that makes it less enjoyable than the rest of the game. This is disappointing and why I didn't buy it right away. 

3 hours ago, FrankV said:

Well, I wanted to buy it but not at full price. 34% I'm probably going to pick it up. I think it being on sale may indicate it has sold well enough but sales have petered out a bit. They may be boosting its profile by inclusion in the steam sale. This is just a guess though. Also, sometimes when DLC is close to coming out the game goes on sale to get more "base copies" out there. This is the trend I saw with Xcom and Stellaris... 

Anyway, I read that the last level is iffy or has some sort of issue that makes it less enjoyable than the rest of the game. This is disappointing and why I didn't buy it right away. 

The game isn't really divided into "levels," as such, so I'm not sure exactly what section of the game they were referring to. Endings to games are always controversial by nature, but I didn't feel the one in Prey was particularly below the standards of most games. I suppose the early and mid portions are better, but that tends to happen in a lot of games as they run out of surprises and RPG systems make you stronger.

If Prey looks like something you'd like, you probably will. I personally enjoyed the hell out of it.