Standing Desk Frame?

Dubesta11

I have a 3/8 thick bowling lane laminate (thin, but very dense) that I want to use as a tabletop for a desk. My plan was to build a wooden desk frame but I am now receiving the frame as a gift (300 dollars towards it). Since there are so many options that range all around the 400 USD price point, does anyone have a suggestion for what to get? I would like it to be as sturdy as possible since I will have 2 monitors mounted on an arm and my desktop will be on it was well. The theme in the office is mostly white so a white frame would be cool. I would like it to be under 500 dollars, preferably around $400 -$450.

Here is what I could find with decent sounding reviews:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15722 - $359.99 with $61.83 shipping = $421.82

http://www.thehumansolution.com/height-adjustable-standing-desk-frame-2-leg.html - $469.99 with upgraded height controller and free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Electric-Ergonomic-Adjustable-DESK-V100E/dp/B01G9EPZR8 - $347.99 with free shipping + Amazon Prime 4 day

https://www.amazon.com/MergeWorks-HighRise-Electric-Height-Adjustable/dp/B01M0IHDCU/ - $399.00 with free shipping + Amazon PRIME 2 day?!? (and on "sale"?)

What do you guys think?

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

We do not offer a white option at this time, but our DESK-V100E dual motor desk frame is designed to be a strong and quiet desk with an excellent range of movement and easily programmable settings.  They are reliable and easy to assemble, and we offer full support.

If you're looking to save money, we also just released a new single motor design (DESK-V102E) for $249.99 and free shipping.  It has a beefy motor and gear system that can lift up to 176lbs, it's easy to assemble and adjust to your desktop, and it uses the same control system as the dual motor desk.

Whichever option or brand you choose, we hope your setup works well!

1 hour ago, VIVO-US said:

We do not offer a white option at this time, but our DESK-V100E dual motor desk frame is designed to be a strong and quiet desk with an excellent range of movement and easily programmable settings.  They are reliable and easy to assemble, and we offer full support.

If you're looking to save money, we also just released a new single motor design (DESK-V102E) for $249.99 and free shipping.  It has a beefy motor and gear system that can lift up to 176lbs, it's easy to assemble and adjust to your desktop, and it uses the same control system as the dual motor desk.

Whichever option or brand you choose, we hope your setup works well!

Wasn't expecting a reply from a company, but thanks for the information. I will probably go with a dual motor system since I don't want to come close to the weight limit. I also would prefer to order from Amazon since I have prime shipping.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

If I were you, I'd probably go Monoprice. At least, from what I can gather from the pics / specs. I was in a similar spot a few weeks back. New pc build etc but no desk for it, and most of the standard desks were too small (the first world problems of a 34" ultrawide...). I ended up picking up a pretty beat up one of these standing desks second hand. Top was completely shot, but the adjust / height still worked perfectly. I swapped out the top with mine, secured everything down, and haven't had any problems since. From the looks of it, the Monoprice one is as close to the one I picked up as you'll get. YMMV, of course!

Let us know how you get on. Curious to see this one come together! :)

3 hours ago, 96Ron69 said:

If I were you, I'd probably go Monoprice. At least, from what I can gather from the pics / specs. I was in a similar spot a few weeks back. New pc build etc but no desk for it, and most of the standard desks were too small (the first world problems of a 34" ultrawide...). I ended up picking up a pretty beat up one of these standing desks second hand. Top was completely shot, but the adjust / height still worked perfectly. I swapped out the top with mine, secured everything down, and haven't had any problems since. From the looks of it, the Monoprice one is as close to the one I picked up as you'll get. YMMV, of course!

Let us know how you get on. Curious to see this one come together! :)

I decided on the Merge Works HighRise since it came in white and was Prime shipped with 2 day. I'm going to install it next weekend with my laminate top. I also chose it because it was white and would blend in very nicely with my current office furniture. The VIVO looked nice but did not come in white, and the Monoprice was cheap but the shipping is a killer if something happens to go wrong with it.

The Grey Squirrel