Which mobo is better

Been looking at the asrock taichi mobo https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16813157757 or the MSI pro carbon mobo http://www.microcenter.com/product/476043/X370_Gaming_Pro_Carbon_AM4_ATX_AMD_Motherboard The taichi currently isn't in stock at micro center and that's where I would be getting the mobo and CPU cause the is a 100 usd off bundle deal when you get the mobo and the processor. If the taichi is going to be a lot better I'll wait till they get it back in stock. This is the rest of my build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/crc9d6

thanks for any help <3

The taichi is better, since msi is having problems.

but guess what is the problem? Longer time to post than others

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

I'm actually wondering the same thing too, but its between Asus C6H or ASRock Taichi X370

3 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

The taichi is better, since msi is having problems.

but guess what is the problem? Longer time to post than others

So if you were going for the 2 boards you'd wait for the taichi board?

3 minutes ago, theminnesotanman said:

Taichi is probably better.... those PCB looks awsome, and it comes with built-in wifi if that's your thing 

I've had bad luck with my MSI board and so have many other people. It could be just my particular model board but I can't recommend MSI because of it and their tech support is trash.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

5 minutes ago, theminnesotanman said:

Well the taichi is good! The facilities are just so complete

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

3 minutes ago, pyrojoe34 said:

I've had bad luck with my MSI board and so have many other people. It could be just my particular model board but I can't recommend MSI because of it and their tech support is trash.

Yea maybe it is because "SLI Plus"! But really i think their problem right now is on AM4

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Taichi is way better. The pro carbon has really sucky vrms compared to the Taichi (6+2 phase with doublers making it technically 12+4 for the Taichi, pro carbon is a 4+2 I think), and the Taichi also supports BCLK overclocking. It's just an all around better board.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

25 minutes ago, theminnesotanman said:

Been looking at the asrock taichi mobo https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16813157757 or the MSI pro carbon mobo http://www.microcenter.com/product/476043/X370_Gaming_Pro_Carbon_AM4_ATX_AMD_Motherboard The taichi currently isn't in stock at micro center and that's where I would be getting the mobo and CPU cause the is a 100 usd off bundle deal when you get the mobo and the processor. If the taichi is going to be a lot better I'll wait till they get it back in stock. This is the rest of my build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/crc9d6

thanks for any help <3

i have the taichi, it´s a great board, good memory support ( they added a huge number of ram to the qvl list yesterday) a lot of features and extensive uefi. The only con is that the RGB looks cheap and the software for it is kinda early beta.

Just now, cymbalist said:

i have the taichi, it´s a great board, good memory support ( they added a huge number of ram to the qvl list yesterday) a lot of features and extensive uefi. The only con is that the RGB looks cheap and the software for it is kinda early beta.

What do you mean by "Cheap"? 

1 minute ago, Its Not Important said:

What do you mean by "Cheap"? 

they pretty much just placed 6-8 rgb led's around the chipset, which are pretty visible and they are right next to the sata ports reflecting on that and that's pretty much all you see. Pretty much like an afterthought. 

I'd would have like to see a little diffusing ring around the chipset so you see a glow instead of the led's

2 minutes ago, cymbalist said:

they pretty much just placed 6-8 rgb led's around the chipset, which are pretty visible and they are right next to the sata ports reflecting on that and that's pretty much all you see. Pretty much like an afterthought. 

I'd would have like to see a little diffusing ring around the chipset so you see a glow instead of the led's

Can you post a picture? if that's not too much to ask..... 

Because I'm really considering that board for my White LED themed build with Vega

Just now, Its Not Important said:

Can you post a picture? if that's not too much to ask..... 

Because I'm really considering that board for my White LED themed build with Vega

no need to worry about those if you go for a white (led) build like i did, really easy to turn off and doesn't really take anything away from the board itself they are not that bright.

594aaa4379608_foto1.thumb.JPG.5f383761da73e97192e00b400f46d272.JPG

shitty quality through the glass, they seem brighter in the picture, but you see the spotty light from them

7 minutes ago, cymbalist said:

no need to worry about those if you go for a white (led) build like i did, really easy to turn off and doesn't really take anything away from the board itself they are not that bright.

594aaa4379608_foto1.thumb.JPG.5f383761da73e97192e00b400f46d272.JPG

shitty quality through the glass, they seem brighter in the picture, but you see the spotty light from them

Those Blue LED aren't RGB? :o

Those Blue LED aren't RGB? :o

They are RGB i have them on cycling and they happened to be blue at picture time.

6 minutes ago, cymbalist said:

They are RGB i have them on cycling and they happened to be blue at picture time.

Wow.... the picture from product picture on Asrock website is wildly misleading huh

Wow.... the picture from product picture on Asrock website is wildly misleading huh

yeaaahh, that's NOT what it really looks like and which they could have easily done with a defusing strip around the bottom of the heatsink to the pcb itself.

14 minutes ago, cymbalist said:

yeaaahh, that's NOT what it really looks like and which they could have easily done with a defusing strip around the bottom of the heatsink to the pcb itself.

Instead we got 6 LED bulb. Its not even on the left side

Thanks for your feedback :D

@cymbalist I think i can go for either crosshair six or taichi if making a ryzen system

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

@cymbalist I think i can go for either crosshair six or taichi if making a ryzen system

Lol fuck taichi, I'm blacklisting that board from my mobo pick :D

4 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

Lol fuck taichi, I'm blacklisting that board from my mobo pick :D

And i also do not know why msi is being offended by they say shitty vrms

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

@Ordinarily_Greater The taichi is a great board like i mentioned, i didn't go for the C6H because of asus' customer service, good experiences with asrock for almost a decade and i'm not a big fan of the am3 and am4 holes in them. besides that i have a white build in a s340 elite so the white of the taichi was an extra bonus.

@Its Not Important pretty silly to let a few led's put you off a great solid board but each they're thing i guess.

2 hours ago, cymbalist said:

@Ordinarily_Greater The taichi is a great board like i mentioned, i didn't go for the C6H because of asus' customer service, good experiences with asrock for almost a decade and i'm not a big fan of the am3 and am4 holes in them. besides that i have a white build in a s340 elite so the white of the taichi was an extra bonus.

@Its Not Important pretty silly to let a few led's put you off a great solid board but each they're thing i guess.

Can taichi take up the weight of GTX1070?

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :