Thermal Grizzly. Which paste to use for delid and GPU?

Looking for recommendations.

I'm about to pull my PC down and while I'm there I want to delid my 4670k cooled by a Fractal S36 AIO and replace the thermal compound on my MSI Gaming 980s in SLI

I'm looking at either the Thermal Grizzly pastes Conductonaut and Kyronuat or possibly getting both.

I want something that is going to last a long time especially between the CPU and the heat spreader. It seems like the Conductonaut is the best one for this from what I have seen as it's got insane thermal conductivity, but not really sure. Not sure if I'd want to use it between the spreader and CPU cooler heatsink as it's supposed to be horrible to get off. I'd also use it on the GPUs as they won't ever come apart again.

Would using the Kryonaut yeild the same thermals or within margin of error if I just used it on all of it?

Depending on results of the 4670k I may delid my 4790k but I want to use it as a test

Their is no magic thermal paste just use what you like personal i am a life ling Arctic Silver 5 user.

18 minutes ago, Marshnt said:

Their is no magic thermal paste just use what you like personal i am a life ling Arctic Silver 5 user.

Between the die and the IHS, it's better to use a form of liquid metal to replace the wallpaper paste Intel tends to use. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

19 minutes ago, bpw87 said:

Looking for recommendations.

I'm about to pull my PC down and while I'm there I want to delid my 4670k cooled by a Fractal S36 AIO and replace the thermal compound on my MSI Gaming 980s in SLI

I'm looking at either the Thermal Grizzly pastes Conductonaut and Kyronuat or possibly getting both.

I want something that is going to last a long time especially between the CPU and the heat spreader. It seems like the Conductonaut is the best one for this from what I have seen as it's got insane thermal conductivity, but not really sure. Not sure if I'd want to use it between the spreader and CPU cooler heatsink as it's supposed to be horrible to get off. I'd also use it on the GPUs as they won't ever come apart again.

Would using the Kryonaut yeild the same thermals or within margin of error if I just used it on all of it?

Depending on results of the 4670k I may delid my 4790k but I want to use it as a test

Delidding is extremely sketchy without proper equipment, though it can be done with Exacto knives: 

4 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Between the die and the IHS, it's better to use a form on liquid metal to replace the wallpaper paste Intel tends to use. 

Yeah that's what I thought. Just wondering if it's worth doing it on the GPUs as well or normal paste would do?

2 minutes ago, Alec M said:

Delidding is extremely sketchy without proper equipment, though it can be done with Exacto knives: 

Yeah I bought a Rockit 88 and Re-Lid Kit, I'm not messing around with razors, vises or anything like that.

2 minutes ago, bpw87 said:

Yeah I bought a Rockit 88 and Re-Lid Kit, I'm not messing around with razors, vises or anything like that.

I'm glad to hear you're not doing it the sketchy way :)

(Though sketchy isn't always bad)

6 minutes ago, Alec M said:

I'm glad to hear you're not doing it the sketchy way :)

(Though sketchy isn't always bad)

Yeah it's my first de-lid so I would rather spend the few extra dollars and have the right tools that have been proven to work.