I need help about my Montior (PROBLEM)

Swordshoot
Go to solution Solved by peabody505,

Graphical Issue Generic Checklist:

1. Try rebooting.

2. Check the connections between the cable and both your monitor and your PC. 

3. Update your graphics drivers.

4. Try a different cable if you can.

5. Try a different monitor if you can.

6. Try a different GPU if you can.

Please let me know if after all this your problem is still present. Also just for the future posting your hardware/driver versions will be helpful for people to diagnose your issue. What kind of monitor/gpu/drivers do you have? Also how long has this issue been going on?

so my montior seems like its glitching out or something and this is the second time it is happening. it just shakes or glitches or the line of weird pixels just move down and sometimes nothing would happen. Pls help

IMG_1720[1].MOV

1. Try rebooting.

Please let me know if after all this your problem is still present. Also just for the future posting your hardware/driver versions will be helpful for people to diagnose your issue. What kind of monitor/gpu/drivers do you have? Also how long has this issue been going on?

4 minutes ago, peabody505 said:

Check the connections between the cable and both your monitor and your PC.

I find this is the issue 99% of the time. Maybe you attempted to relocate your monitor even slightly and now the connection is loose. This is especially apparent in cases where the display choice uses VGA/DVI.

1 minute ago, peabody505 said:

1. Try rebooting.

Im using a R9 370 on 17.1.1 Crimson RelIve. While using a Asus VE247 1080p Mon on HMDI.

I have two monitors and the other is on DVI and is perfectly fine, I am still having a problem. This is the 3rd day but yesterday it didnt happen and first day happened(duh)

Sorry in advance

5 minutes ago, Swordshoot said:

17.1.1 Crimson RelIve.

The latest version is 17.6.2 which you can download here: https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

Try that and see if it helps. I had a similar once which was solved by updating drivers. I run all nvidia, but drivers may help regardless.

The other thing that might be causing an issue is your PCs HDMI port. Try switching around which cable goes to which monitor (use DVI with this one) and see if the issue moves to the other monitor, stuff like that. Worst comes to worst you can get a DVI to HDMI adapter or just use another DVI cable.

33 minutes ago, peabody505 said:

The latest version is 17.6.2 which you can download here: https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

Try that and see if it helps. I had a similar once which was solved by updating drivers. I run all nvidia, but drivers may help regardless.

The other thing that might be causing an issue is your PCs HDMI port. Try switching around which cable goes to which monitor (use DVI with this one) and see if the issue moves to the other monitor, stuff like that. Worst comes to worst you can get a DVI to HDMI adapter or just use another DVI cable.

It was the cable... thanks for the help :)