Linus Mentioned Ethereum, I wonder if they considered a Floatplane ICO.

So I've been involved with Ethereum for a few months now. Ever since Luke mentioned the floatplane project... I thought that an ICO could do a few different things for that project, it could fund it for years.... and the tokens could be indirectly purchased by advertisers to run ads on the site, Similar to the BAT token... except Floatplane site exclusive. Or other content creators could use floatplane tokens to some degree. 

Just my thoughts, any other ethtraders here?

My username is both misspelled and redundant. Don't take anything I say seriously as I am a moron.     

CPU: Intel i7 4790k GPU: GTX 970 MSI RAM: 16gb of DDR3 hotness Boot Drive: 240gb m.2 samsung 850 evo Storage Drives: 8tb ironwolf, 4tb WD Monitors: 3x HP Elite Displays

Thread moved to 'Folding@home, Boinc, and Coin Mining' forum section

Plausible but as crypto-currency continues to be volatile I doubt LMG would be willing to put members in position to suffer a major loss if the currency tanks. 

Also with the increasing number of crypto-currencies out there it makes the issue even less stable if one or 2 are chosen to be a standard, the others would drop in demand and lose their standing. 

My 2 cents.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

• 6 months later...