Headset and mic in one or should should i buy table mic and regular headset?

Looking for a new Headset and mic as i had to return my previous one. It was around 1000NOK or 118$

I noticed that the headset was kinda bad on sound (detail and dynamics) compared to the JBL headset i bought for my mother as a chrismas present. The JBLs was about 3-400NOK i believe.

So my question is this. Is it a shitty deal to buy headset and mic in one. Or can you get some good ones? (in terms of value)

I have had alot of background noise as well in the past with both the old headset and the shitty Ebay 5$ reserve. Could it be the mobo? or just me not paying the dollar needed to get good sound.

Also a mixer would be nice to easily adjust volume and sensitivity on the mic. I asked about a DAC in another thread. Shall we make the caos complete and discuss having that one in the mix too?

HyperX Cloud series combines decent mic and audio quality, so does the Stinger and some of the new Logitech stuff. Recommend the GSP 300 though if its in range.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

I had the Qpad QH90 and they are trash in my book. qh-90-black.jpg

I see you have linked to a headset who looks similar but is 7.1 Surround. I am not too into 7.1 Surround. And no wireless is even close to being considered. The sound quality simply is not there. Sorry for seemingly butchering your suggestions :P But this is exactly what i try to address in my post :P 

Checked out GSP 300 - They have a proprietary microphone plug. So i can not switch it out, sadly. I forgot to mention that in my post.

Open-back headphones: 

• AKG: K712 Pro, K702, K701, K612 Pro, Q701
  • Audio-Technica: ATH-AD900x, ATH-AD700x, ATH-AD500x
  • Beyerdynamic: DT990, DT880
  • Philips: Fidelio X2, SHP9500
  • Sennheiser: HD598, HD558, HD518
  • Superlux HD668B + velour earpads from HiFiMAN

Closed-back headphones: 

• AKG K550
  • Audio Technica ATH-MSR7
  • Beyerdynamic DT770
  • V-Moda Crossfade M-100

People are probably going to recommend HyperX Cloud / Cloud II / CloudX, but I recommend not getting them because they have a small soundstage, bad imaging, and they sound very muddy. You can get much better audio for half the price with Superlux HD668B.

Attachable mics:

• Antlion: ModMic 5.0, ModMic 4.0
  • Massdrop MiniMic
  • V-Moda BoomPro

Desktop mics:

• Audio-Technica: ATR2500, ATR2100
  • Electro-Voice RE320
  • Heil PR-40
  • Røde: Podcaster, Procaster

Since you mentioned having a problem with background noise, I excluded condenser mics (like Blue Snowball and Yeti) and mentioned only dynamic desktop mics. I'm not sure about the attachable ones, there aren't many decent options on the market.

DACs and amps:

• Audioengine D1
  • Audioquest: DragonFly Black, DragonFly Red
  • FiiO E10K
  • FX Audio DAC-X6
  • Micca OriGen+
  • JDS Labs / Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC 
  • Schiit: Magni 2 (Uber), Modi 2 (Uber)
  • SMSL: M3, SD793-II
  • Topping VX-1

Thanks. Lets talk headset first. Which one is covering the entire ear?

6 hours ago, MatsNorway said:

Looking for a new Headset and mic as i had to return my previous one. It was around 1000NOK or 118$

I noticed that the headset was kinda bad on sound (detail and dynamics) compared to the JBL headset i bought for my mother as a chrismas present. The JBLs was about 3-400NOK i believe.

So my question is this. Is it a shitty deal to buy headset and mic in one. Or can you get some good ones? (in terms of value)

I have had alot of background noise as well in the past with both the old headset and the shitty Ebay 5$ reserve. Could it be the mobo? or just me not paying the dollar needed to get good sound.

Also a mixer would be nice to easily adjust volume and sensitivity on the mic. I asked about a DAC in another thread. Shall we make the caos complete and discuss having that one in the mix too?

Honest after switching to a headphone and desktop mic setup ill never go back to headsets. the quality both ways is just so much better. also allows for upgrading one without having to shell out $ to upgrade the other. 

Been looking at it all night and been googling random stuff to see whats possible.

Does a HDMI/audio splitter still send the audio signal in the HDMI output?

474819185_320.jpg

that would be ideal. Because then the Stereo and TV can do its thing and i can have a DAC for the desktop and headset. And such a DAC is not so expensive. 

So if that is possible i am seriously looking at the:

ofc. a 3 way output selector would be ideal. But that is either out of my price range or not available most likely.

I'm not sure what you're asking about. Do you mean mixing audio from a TV and a PC?