Ncase M1

rasesh

For the owners of the Ncase M1 pc case I had a question regarding it's acoustics.

I know it's a mini-itx case but what I wanted to know is more about it's side panels.

I've seen some video's of the Ncase M1 & noticed the side panels just clip on and they aren't really the sliding side door's which fit tight found on most cases so wanted to know if that is causing higher noise from the machine compared to cases with seal tight sliding side panels?

Thanks! 

No, that would not make any difference.

The components you put inside are what makes a computer loud.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

No, that would not make any difference.

The components you put inside are what makes a computer loud.

Im sure the tight sealed fit sliding door's make SOME difference though right compared to Ncase M1's side door's? 

1 minute ago, rasesh said:

Im sure the tight sealed fit sliding door's make SOME difference though right compared to Ncase M1's side door's? 

No, unless for some reason your panels are loose and cause rattling noises (which they should not be, I've head they are very stiff on the mounts), there is literally no difference.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

No, unless for some reason your panels are loose and cause rattling noises (which they should not be, I've head they are very stiff on the mounts), there is literally no difference.

If you own 1 can you tell me if I used a Noctua D9L cpu cooler [height of 110mm], can I fit a fan in front of it in the side panel fan mount position? 

The spec say max is 130mm cpu height but what if I get a 15mm slime fan?

The question is hard to answer unless someone owns one because the fan side mount is a little inside the case it's not like your mounting the fan on the side panel. 

Will it fit?

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, rasesh said:

Im sure the tight sealed fit sliding door's make SOME difference though right compared to Ncase M1's side door's

I see your apostrophe is trying to make a break for it!

There's no apostrophe on doors...and you need one for I'm.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, rasesh said:

If you own 1 can you tell me if I used a Noctua D9L cpu cooler [height of 110mm], can I fit a fan in front of it in the side panel fan mount position? 

The spec say max is 130mm cpu height but what if I get a 15mm slime fan?

The question is hard to answer unless someone owns one because the fan side mount is a little inside the case it's not like your mounting the fan on the side panel. 

Will it fit?

Thanks.

Yeah it would because 110+15 = 125 which is less than 130 :)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Yeah it would because 110+15 = 125 which is less than 130 :)

Correct but 130mm max is from the side panel.

The panel for mounting the fan is tucked inside more then the side panel is.

4 minutes ago, rasesh said:

Correct but 130mm max is from the side panel.

The panel for mounting the fan is tucked inside more then the side panel is.

Oh I see what you mean.

Worst case scenario you can just screw the fan in directly through the side panel, or use double sided tape.

I don't know how much the bracket offsets the fan, I would assume less than 5mm though.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Oh I see what you mean.

Worst case scenario you can just screw the fan in directly through the side panel, or use double sided tape.

I don't know how much the bracket offsets the fan, I would assume less than 5mm though.

Because it's between the NH-D9L being 110mm in height but being able to fit that extra exhaust or intake right in front of it or the 125mm NH-U9S.

The thing with the NH-U9S though is I'll have to make it exhaust the air out the top (if I want to use dual fans on it which I do) rather then the side which in my opinion is much better & it's what I want.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/vDFdnQ

There are some people who fit the NH-U9S with 2 fans exhaust out the side but their mobo cpu socket location was a bit more on the right which helped with that but I'm not sure what the dimensions the mobo socket has to be to make that work.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/nXtJ7P

I'll be using the Asus Z170i pro gaming. 

What do you think?

27 minutes ago, rasesh said:

Because it's between the NH-D9L being 110mm in height but being able to fit that extra exhaust or intake right in front of it or the 125mm NH-U9S.

The thing with the NH-U9S though is I'll have to make it exhaust the air out the top (if I want to use dual fans on it which I do) rather then the side which in my opinion is much better & it's what I want.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/vDFdnQ

There are some people who fit the NH-U9S with 2 fans exhaust out the side but their mobo cpu socket location was a bit more on the right which helped with that but I'm not sure what the dimensions the mobo socket has to be to make that work.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/nXtJ7P

I'll be using the Asus Z170i pro gaming. 

What do you think?

I think a down blowing cooler would perform better since the intake is on the side.

Even if you can fit a slim fan on the side, the top of the CPU cooler will be so close it will block most of the airflow.

Slim fans are already pretty bad on their own.

Spoiler

32 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I think a down blowing cooler would perform better since the intake is on the side.

Even if you can fit a slim fan on the side, the top of the CPU cooler will be so close it will block most of the airflow.

Slim fans are already pretty bad on their own.

So you're telling me to intake from the top with the NH-U9S vertically instead of exhaust out the top with the vertical NH-U9S? 

Just now, rasesh said:

So you're telling me to intake from the top with the NH-U9S vertically instead of exhaust out the top with the vertical NH-U9S? 

No, this is a down blowing cooler:

Image result for noctua l9x

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Enderman said:

No, this is a down blowing cooler:

Image result for noctua l9x

Hm, I see.

Wouldn't the back exhaust fan effect the side intake fan? 

3 minutes ago, rasesh said:

Hm, I see.

Wouldn't the back exhaust fan effect the side intake fan? 

What do you mean?

The exhaust fan would pull air out, and the side fan would pull air in.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

What do you mean?

The exhaust fan would pull air out, and the side fan would pull air in.

What I mean is when the side intake fan is bringing in air won't the back exhaust fan take that air straight out interfering with the cpu getting that intake air? 

What I mean is when the side intake fan is bringing in air won't the back exhaust fan take that air straight out interfering with the cpu getting that intake air? 

No.

Plenty of people have that same config with perfectly fine temps.

Image result for ncase m1

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

No.

Plenty of people have that same config with perfectly fine temps.

Image result for ncase m1

What is the absolute best cpu cooler [air] I can put in the Ncase m1?

Without thinking about it's cost.

From my research so far the biggest & baddest cpu cooler for the Ncase m1 is the bequiet dark rock TF. 

Any suggestions? 

What is the absolute best cpu cooler [air] I can put in the Ncase m1?

Without thinking about it's cost.

From my research so far the biggest & baddest cpu cooler for the Ncase m1 is the bequiet dark rock TF. 

Any suggestions? 

A 240mm AIO.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

A 240mm AIO.

Only want to use air cooler. 

Only want to use air cooler. 

I don't know what's the best air cooler you can fit in there, maybe someone else can answer or you can research other people's builds on the internet in that case.

Spoiler