Tiny GPUs?

H0R53

I've dealt with primarily fullsize GPUs for most of my current career. I had a client come in today with a Dell Optiplex 990 USFF machine. He has the i7 2700 in it, with 16GB of RAM and a (oh gosh) GT 710.

Aside from the GT 1030, what's an exceptional half height GPU? The board has 2 slots.

The client said if I need to remove anything from the case to fit a PCI riser in then go ahead, but I'd rather not do that if I don't have to. The board's PCI support a maximum of 75W out of the PCI slot.

1 minute ago, H0R53 said:

75W out of the PCI slot.

cheap- 750ti or  gtx 1050/1050ti, rx460/560 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

cheap- 750ti or  gtx 1050/1050ti, rx460/560 

Did you not understand the post at all? The 990 USFF is the same size as the xBox One. It is impossible to fit a full sized GPU inside its case without heavy modding. 'half height', not 'half length'.

1 minute ago, H0R53 said:

This was precisely what I've been searching for, I couldn't find it for some reason...

How many PCI spaces does it take? There isn't much room and it probably won't fit if it takes any more than 2 spaces.

2 spaces

LP 750Tis work too

idk

2 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

This was precisely what I've been searching for, I couldn't find it for some reason...

How many PCI spaces does it take? There isn't much room and it probably won't fit if it takes any more than 2 spaces.

Looking at amazon's images, its a little less than 2 slots tall

Screenshot_20170611-214248.png

7 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

Did you not understand the post at all?

stop being a dick, understand your own post first instead of questioning my understanding.

NVIDIA_GeForce_GTX_750_Class_3qtr.thumb.jpg.ea8181f23102d4c30707b1b32d26c759.jpg

this 750ti should fit 

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

Looking at amazon's images, its a little less than 2 slots tall

Yeah, this guy's gonna be happy as hell in about a week when it comes in. Console killer.

Literally, the 990 is the same volume as the xBox One, and with his i7 and 16GB of RAM this GPU is gonna kick some console butt!

Just now, H0R53 said:

Yeah, this guy's gonna be happy as hell in about a week when it comes in. Console killer.

Literally, the 990 is the same volume as the xBox One, and with his i7 and 16GB of RAM this GPU is gonna kick some console butt!

Assuming that low profile machine uses a better PSU than all my dell SFF... they all had bad PSUs 

Just now, H0R53 said:

Haha not in this

your point? the gpu in the picture is the same size as a gt 730. 

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

Oh and this has a full desktop PSU AND GPU in it, along with an OC'd skylake i7 lol

Full size compact can be done, but everyone insists on the GPU being 90 degrees to the mobo. I said NO.

I'm getting an anxiety attack just looking at that

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 GPU: MSi GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC RAM: 14GB DDR3 (3x2GB, 1x8GB) Mobo: Acer MB.GAU07.001 Case: Gateway DX4860 PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze Plus

Just now, a e s t h e t i c a s said:

I'm getting an anxiety attack just looking at that

So did I as I installed 1,500$ worth of parts in a cardboard case, but it works amazingly and stays cool and quiet without a single case fan.

And yes my desk is messy, I live at tesla practically and dont have time to clean shit lol

3 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

Which is still too big to fit in any USFF machines to start with.

not sure if you are trolling

NVIDIA_GeForce_GTX_750_Class_3qtr.thumb.jpg.47ccd5d275db038972b3b20047f8d6a8.jpg

this is tiny 

single slot card eec0b5261e91988bce43fa0a2250752c_256p.jpg.cbd26f1f5f4d986c45e2eef94efe55ed.jpg

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

not sure if you are trolling

NVIDIA_GeForce_GTX_750_Class_3qtr.thumb.jpg.47ccd5d275db038972b3b20047f8d6a8.jpg

this is tiny 

It's not half height though. That looks like it'd take two PCI slots as well, and not even low profile (which is what I've been asking for).

Do you not know what USFF means? it seems like you're the one trolling to me.

If ever you wanna find small GPUs in Amazon or new egg jsut put the model and low profile at the end usually finds them. I;ve seen 1050s noen TI versiosn too which are even cheaper but yeah a 1050ti would be a fine GPU for basic gaming.