how do my videos look? any suggestions?

i started up a youtube channel a long way back and was at first video editing on my 2009 mac mini, not a good experience, and have since evolved in my ways. I now use adobe premiere and have spent a long time trying to improve my skills. saying that i am still a huge noob and wanted some suggestions for my videos. here is my youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-9sVwytBLEbbF2R-I5GvPA/videos any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, Legolessed said:

i started up a youtube channel a long way back and was at first video editing on my 2009 mac mini, not a good experience, and have since evolved in my ways. I now use adobe premiere and have spent a long time trying to improve my skills. saying that i am still a huge noob and wanted some suggestions for my videos. here is my youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-9sVwytBLEbbF2R-I5GvPA/videos any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

Without having a clear picture of what direction you are going with video, all I can say is "I have no idea what you're trying to achieve, so no comment".

Are you trying to make a video that shows unboxings?  Shows tutorials on how to do stuff?  Shows reviews?  Trying to make short cinematic videos?

If I just look at image quality, I can see that you sometimes have white balance issues, focusing issues, camera tracking/movement issues, but right now on your YT channel all I see is a mixed bag of videos that are showing different things and not sure what you are trying to achieve or aim towards.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

2 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Without having a clear picture of what direction you are going with video, all I can say is "I have no idea what you're trying to achieve, so no comment".

Are you trying to make a video that shows unboxings?  Shows tutorials on how to do stuff?  Shows reviews?  Trying to make short cinematic videos?

If I just look at image quality, I can see that you sometimes have white balance issues, focusing issues, camera tracking/movement issues, but right now on your YT channel all I see is a mixed bag of videos that are showing different things and not sure what you are trying to achieve or aim towards.

I'm doing rc videos

23 hours ago, Legolessed said:

I'm doing rc videos

OK so you're doing RC drone videos?  Here's how I see it, you're posting short videos that show "hey guys, I got a drone, look at what I'm doing."  There are others who do the same, but they take their time, spend a lot of time filming and producing short videos that show off what they can do with a drone and a camera.  You're just posting quickies, the kind of thing I guess that kids would normally show off when they say "Look I got this RC car, I can drive it."

So the quality is pretty much on the lowest of low sides.  If you want to impress us, take your time, make a proper video that shows what you can do with a drone camera.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

9 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

OK so you're doing RC drone videos?  Here's how I see it, you're posting short videos that show "hey guys, I got a drone, look at what I'm doing."  There are others who do the same, but they take their time, spend a lot of time filming and producing short videos that show off what they can do with a drone and a camera.  You're just posting quickies, the kind of thing I guess that kids would normally show off when they say "Look I got this RC car, I can drive it."

So the quality is pretty much on the lowest of low sides.  If you want to impress us, take your time, make a proper video that shows what you can do with a drone camera.

thats the problem my quad has a potato for a camera. im building a race quad and i may get an action cam for one of my planes but right now the only quad i have capable of video is this one quadcopter and the camera quality is a potato.

12 hours ago, Legolessed said:

thats the problem my quad has a potato for a camera. im building a race quad and i may get an action cam for one of my planes but right now the only quad i have capable of video is this one quadcopter and the camera quality is a potato.

I wouldn't really mind the low res or low quality image if you managed to piece together a good set of visuals with your drone.  Right now you're showing "Look I can fly my drone this direction, or this direction" one off shots.

11 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

I wouldn't really mind the low res or low quality image if you managed to piece together a good set of visuals with your drone.  Right now you're showing "Look I can fly my drone this direction, or this direction" one off shots.

Ok. What if I did reviews instead of just flying? That way it wouldn't be a random drone video. I can build quads so I could easily review the ones I have and know what to say and everything? Maybe make a less boring video?

3 hours ago, Legolessed said:

Ok. What if I did reviews instead of just flying? That way it wouldn't be a random drone video. I can build quads so I could easily review the ones I have and know what to say and everything? Maybe make a less boring video?

Try to do reviews, or maybe try to make videos on building the drones? Tips about building drones that you learn when doing it?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

12 minutes ago, Mihle said:

Try to do reviews, or maybe try to make videos on building the drones? Tips about building drones that you learn when doing it?

Whatever type of stuff he films, if he doesn't improve his filming or editing techniques there's really no point.

1 hour ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Whatever type of stuff he films, if he doesn't improve his filming or editing techniques there's really no point.

True, but he should continue doing it if he enjoy it, just dont expect many subs or views on them.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

2 hours ago, Mihle said:

True, but he should continue doing it if he enjoy it, just dont expect many subs or views on them.

Yes also a good point.  OP, make sure you improve instead of staying with the same quality.

Yes also a good point.  OP, make sure you improve instead of staying with the same quality.

thats my problem. i am a complete noob when it comes to editing and i wanted some help fixing what im doing wrong and all ive gotten is, if you cant video edit then theres no point in you continuing with this. Theres this thing called learning mate, i dont know if you've heard of it but it can do some pretty incredible things

1 hour ago, Legolessed said:

thats my problem. i am a complete noob when it comes to editing and i wanted some help fixing what im doing wrong and all ive gotten is, if you cant video edit then theres no point in you continuing with this. Theres this thing called learning mate, i dont know if you've heard of it but it can do some pretty incredible things

AkiraDaarkst <---- cinematographer and video editor, professional.

You can't improve editing if you don't improve the filming side.  I can't help you with the editing until you manage to film enough footage for piecing together a coherent and interesting story even if the story is about your experiences with a particular object.  I never discouraged to stop doing it.  I simply said if you can't improve...

It doesn't matter if you have a low resolution camera or whatever, you need to film it.  Right now I'm filming all the A and B-camera footage necessary and as much as possible for a project I'm working on.  Because the project is a documentary, there's no such thing as too much footage.  I know the topics to be covered, so whatever I can get about them I will take and preview later in the editing stage to piece the story.

It's sorta like making bread, first you gotta have the ingredients and mix them first before you can knead dough.

AkiraDaarkst <---- cinematographer and video editor, professional.

You can't improve editing if you don't improve the filming side.  I can't help you with the editing until you manage to film enough footage for piecing together a coherent and interesting story even if the story is about your experiences with a particular object.  I never discouraged to stop doing it.  I simply said if you can't improve...

It doesn't matter if you have a low resolution camera or whatever, you need to film it.  Right now I'm filming all the A and B-camera footage necessary and as much as possible for a project I'm working on.  Because the project is a documentary, there's no such thing as too much footage.  I know the topics to be covered, so whatever I can get about them I will take and preview later in the editing stage to piece the story.

It's sorta like making bread, first you gotta have the ingredients and mix them first before you can knead dough.

Thank you!! That helps a lot actually!! I now have some really cool ideas I thought of!