Is my PSU compatible with x299 and x399

atavax

I'm seeing either 2 8 pin power connectors or an 8 pin and a 4 pin connector on a lot of new motherboards in computex coverage. I just got a fully modular 800W titanium PSU with 1 8 pin cpu connector and no 4 pin connectors(

Silverstone SX800-LTI).  I'm wondering if there is any way i can get the PSU to provide the power that these 2 pin motherboards might demand, an adapter ot something. Or do i just have to hope that it will run on a single 8 pin or maybe itx versions of the x299 or x399 will come with a single 8 pin?

you may have to use one of your 8-pin PCI-e and 6 pin PCI-e to make a second 8 or 4 pin connector as that PSU only has one 8-pin. 

however, some x299 mobos from gigabyte and I think MSI (Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 3 as an example) have only 1 8-pin required

idk

how would i make an 8 pin and 6 pin pci-e into a 8 pin cpu connector?

1 minute ago, atavax said:

M3aeL.png

idk

1 hour ago, atavax said:

Wire fun.

I don't think that the number of pins has to do with power draw necessarily. Most 4+4 pin connections on motherboards only have the extra four pins for redundancy and they aren't actually necessary so any PSU with two 4+4 pin connections should work fine in those fancy new motherboards, I do believe.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||