Microsoft’s new Surface Pen is now available to preorder

THeEmpire.01

59373be87a35b_ScreenShot2017-06-06at19_33_44.png.0c241bbfa82d267157ba19ccb008fca9.png

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/6/6/15747512/microsoft-surface-pen-preorder-pricing-release-date

Preorders are now open for Microsoft’s new Surface Pen, which the company announced last month alongside the new Surface Pro. The pen costs $99.99, and for now, it appears that only the platinum version is available. You can’t click through on the preorder button on the black, blue, or burgundy versions, and Microsoft just says they’re “coming soon.” The platinum version has a June 15th release date.

The new pen speeds up the inking experience to the point that there’s no perceptible lag. It’s double the speed of the previous version, and it can handle tilting, which lets users shade like they would with a pencil. The new pen is compatible with older Surface devices, although tilt won’t work with every gadget. The new Surface Pros support it, and Microsoft plans to add the functionality to existing Surface Studio desktops and Surface Books later this year.

Cough Cough Apple pen also costs $99.99, was it just me or wasn't there a lot of coverage about Apple making a crazy expensive "pencil". Well I wonder what Microsoft was thinking. Thats definitely too expensive for a glorified stylus wether it be Apple or Microsoft.

Yea. The price is a ridiculous. The pen in the past was $50. Now at 100$? and they own the company making the pen tech? I guess they saw Apple, and said "we can do the same". In that case, at least Apple pen has a lithium-ion battery, not AAAA (yea, 4x A's) that you need to buy and replace twice a year or so.. can't buy a pack, they'll expire before then. :/

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

can't buy a pack, they'll expire before then. :/

What kind of ass-quality batteries are you buying? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

A $100 for a pen... I did want to buy this. Was looking forward to buying this. Now well, I am not so sure.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

51 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

What kind of ass-quality batteries are you buying? 

Probably Energizer or Duracell and it's only $11 for 24 pieces. :P

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Ehhh I don't like that they are going to cost 99$ and not even included in the surface pro line..... But I don't mind the AAAA batteries thing it would definitely be cheaper to replace then a custom lith battery when it dies