Eutherium mining on gaming rig

Kd4lif3

Hey there. I just finished building my gaming rig and its been great. It has a 6600k, asus strix 1070 and 8gb 2133. I have been running it on some eutherium mining and i was wondering if i could cause any damage by running it for extended periods of time. on default fan speed (idk what it is, its always on auto) i never pass 60C. If i set the fans to 50% the temps never pass 45C. From my research as long as it is below 80C imm  all good but i just want someone to confirm that.I understand that even by having the card on there is always a slight chance of it failing (as with anything) and that leaving it on for a few extra hours could marginally increase that. Again i use this pc for daily gaming so hopefully it can last me a few years. Thanks

Don't expect a quick reply, its late and I can get back tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Kd4lif3 said:

Hey there. I just finished building my gaming rig and its been great. It has a 6600k, asus strix 1070 and 8gb 2133. I have been running it on some eutherium mining and i was wondering if i could cause any damage by running it for extended periods of time. on default fan speed (idk what it is, its always on auto) i never pass 60C. If i set the fans to 50% the temps never pass 45C. From my research as long as it is below 80C imm  all good but i just want someone to confirm that.I understand that even by having the card on there is always a slight chance of it failing (as with anything) and that leaving it on for a few extra hours could marginally increase that. Again i use this pc for daily gaming so hopefully it can last me a few years. Thanks

It can reduce longevity of the pc due to constant 100% load

8086k Winner BABY!!

Main rig

CPU: R7 5800x3d (-25 all core CO 102 bclk)

Board: Gigabyte B550 AD UC

Cooler: Corsair H150i AIO

Ram: 32gb HP V10 RGB 3200 C14 (3733 C14) tuned subs

GPU: EVGA XC3 RTX 3080 (+120 core +950 mem 90% PL)

Case: Thermaltake H570 TG Snow Edition

PSU: Fractal ION Plus 760w Platinum  

SSD: 1tb Teamgroup MP34  2tb Mushkin Pilot-E

Monitors: 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 (1440p 240hz), Some FHD Acer 24" VA

GFs System

CPU: E5 1660v3 (4.3ghz 1.2v)

Mobo: Gigabyte x99 UD3P

Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO

Ram: 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 C16 (3000 C14)

GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 Super 

Case: Phanteks P400A Mesh

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w

SSD: Kingston NV1 2tb

Monitors: 27" Viotek GFT27DB (1440p 144hz), Some 24" BENQ 1080p IPS

Just now, TheDankKoosh said:

It can reduce longevity of the pc due to constant 100% load

Ya i was expecting that. I shouldn't be that bad as long as i give it lang breaks every few hours. Right? also it is not 24/7 I usually only run it for 6-7 hours during the day then game on it a bit. its then off.

Just now, Kd4lif3 said:

Ya i was expecting that. I shouldn't be that bad as long as i give it lang breaks every few hours. Right? also it is not 24/7 I usually only run it for 6-7 hours during the day then game on it a bit. its then off.

honestly you shouldn't have chose an nvidia card if you were planning to do this

8086k Winner BABY!!

Main rig

CPU: R7 5800x3d (-25 all core CO 102 bclk)

Board: Gigabyte B550 AD UC

Cooler: Corsair H150i AIO

Ram: 32gb HP V10 RGB 3200 C14 (3733 C14) tuned subs

GPU: EVGA XC3 RTX 3080 (+120 core +950 mem 90% PL)

Case: Thermaltake H570 TG Snow Edition

PSU: Fractal ION Plus 760w Platinum  

SSD: 1tb Teamgroup MP34  2tb Mushkin Pilot-E

Monitors: 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 (1440p 240hz), Some FHD Acer 24" VA

GFs System

CPU: E5 1660v3 (4.3ghz 1.2v)

Mobo: Gigabyte x99 UD3P

Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO

Ram: 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 C16 (3000 C14)

GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 Super 

Case: Phanteks P400A Mesh

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w

SSD: Kingston NV1 2tb

Monitors: 27" Viotek GFT27DB (1440p 144hz), Some 24" BENQ 1080p IPS

Just now, TheDankKoosh said:

honestly you shouldn't have chose an nvidia card if you were planning to do this

naw its a gaming rig. not a dedicated mining rig. the mining is mostly temporary, not serious. your right i would have gotten a 480 otherwise. It was kinda a side thought. It will probably only do this for the month so that i can have some money for steam.

I'm running a 1060 for mining. In theory will reduce your lifespan, but mining isn't a true 100% load. You can undervolt really far without affecting hashtags. I'm using about 55% power (I think about 70w) and get 20.75 Mh/S

That's an F in the profile pic

Just now, Jorgen297 said:

ETH mining is very easy on the GPU, the power% is around 50% and temperatures are very safe, below 60C actually. You'll earn about a dollar per day. But you might wanna look into Zcash mining if you want to utilize your GPU more. Send me a message if you're interested. 

ya i saw a bit about that. i will do some research into that. is is honestly that much more worth it.

Its late now i can get back to you guys tomorrow. thanks for the help!

26 minutes ago, Kd4lif3 said:

naw its a gaming rig. not a dedicated mining rig. the mining is mostly temporary, not serious. your right i would have gotten a 480 otherwise. It was kinda a side thought. It will probably only do this for the month so that i can have some money for steam.

are you paying for your bills? i dunno if youll make any profit with a 1070. but if youre at like a university or at your parents house then it shouldnt matter unless they complain kek

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

8 hours ago, Nickathom said:

are you paying for your bills? i dunno if youll make any profit with a 1070. but if youre at like a university or at your parents house then it shouldnt matter unless they complain kek

like i said, its kinda just a temporary thing to make some money for steam. its in my basement and i dont pay any bills so i dont have to wory about that.  

8 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Mine zcash then. Afaik, better for Nvidia cards

Ok ill consider. whats the profit like for that because i heard it is quite good for a 1070. i am currently making about  2.50 a day and 72 a month (USD) what could i see for zcash