Apple TV or AirPort Express?

Mac

Not sure if I'll get a reply as I doubt many of you use Mac. I'm looking into buying either an Apple TV or an AirPort Express for my room. The setup I currently have is 32" TV, Gaming Rig which I currently run a HDMI cable to my TV and use a secondary display for films. I also have an iPad and Macbook Pro.

I want to play music to my home cinema system via 3.5mm input (Just like AirPort Express) but I don't know if you can do this using Apple TV without having to turn my TV on.

I have a Mac as I said earlier so an Apple TV would be great for mirroring.

Help me decide please :)

the apple tv makes it so you can stream movies and music via home streaming, you can also stream with your ios devices if you want.

If you don't want to turn the TV on then airport express is your only option.

But if you don't mind keeping the TV on then you're fine. :)

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.