WiFi not working on OnePlus 3 after being dropped in the sink with water running

So, a couple of days ago I dropped my OnePlus 3 in the sink in my bathroom while the water was running. 

So, my immediate reaction is to grab my phone out of the water, and turn it off. Left it turned off while I was going to school, still had it with me though.

In class, my phone automatically booted up randomly - I wasn't even touching it - and I immediately turn it off again. A minute later, it does the same. Turn it off again. So it stops turning on randomly for a while. I put it in my pocket when school is done and I get home. After I get home, I go to the train station and I pull my phone out of my pocket out of habit, because I wanted to know what the time was. And it had been automatically turned on again. I checked its uptime and it was about 1 hour. So I figured it would have been done for already if it had taken any damage.

Not needing the WiFi for a few days because I was travelling meant that I had WiFi turned off. So I turn it on today and it won't connect to the WiFi in my home. All other devices will. So I check with other networks, no luck there. Everything else in the phone works just fine, cellular data too. 

It can find all the networks in the area. But when I try to connect, it says "Connecting" and then "Saved". Sometimes after trying to connect, it says "Disabled" instead of "Saved", then goes back to saying "Saved" a few seconds later. 

I wonder if there might be any permanent damage in my phone. I am a bit confused, because it can still search for networks. Or does anyone have a fix for this? 

It's broken.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Can someone please give a solution for this. I did the entire water damage treatment for my OnePlus 3T with a shop here in Boston, USA, but this particular issue still remains. My only options are:

1) Resetting the phone and trying to connect to the Wi-Fi again. Which i am not too confident about.

2) Replacing the Wi-Fi antenna which will cost around $50.

Do i have any other option apart from these two which i can try on my own and get it to work? I've already paid enough for the water treatment, so if anyone can suggest something clever, that shall be a boon for me.

BTW nice forum vendor, we use the same one at my company.