m/b & ram compatibility ryzen

hey guys!! recently I bought on amazon a GIGABYTE GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 mobo and  CMU16GX4M2C3000C15 ram sticks, the thing is I have not read any issues with these ram sticks but I started to read the ram compatibility on gb's web site and these sticks were not on the list :/ (ik it is my bad and I should've read it before). What do I do now?? I can return the m/b and get another one but with some m/b having compatibility issues with ryzen 5 (ordered a ryzen 1600) , is even harder to find a m/b plus stocks are lacking in amazon!!. Any m/b references which will work with  the ram sticks I got?

Try to return the ram, most ram should have compatibility even if it isnt on the list, what brand is that ram?

Edit i realise this is corsair ram, if you dont need the leds, return it and get some lpx 3000 that is definitely compatible and tried and tested

As long as it's DDR4-2400 or higher, there won't be a problem. Mobo manufacturers don't control what ram is and isn't compatible. 

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

Just doubled checked - you will be totally fine.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

2 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

Try to return the ram, most ram should have compatibility even if it isnt on the list, what brand is that ram?

corsair, I was freaking out now but found this on youtube 

this guys is using the same ram I got but on the b350 atx version of the mobo I ordered.. idk what to think now :C  

1 minute ago, Natsoup said:

As long as it's DDR4-2400 or higher, there won't be a problem. Mobo manufacturers don't control what ram is and isn't compatible. 

Just now, Natsoup said:

Just doubled checked - you will be totally fine.

I just freaked out so badly u.u, since both mobo and ram sticks had very good reviews on newegg and different forums I choose them blindly

Really - it's ok. It will be compatible. First time build?

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Just now, Natsoup said:

first time I build a ryzen

Yeah I wouldn't freak out until you actually test them. I started with a Asus Am4 370x Crosshair and ended up selling it and getting a 350 MSI board. I picked ram that wasn't on the list for either of those, and they both worked just fine. Currently have it OC to 3200 as well.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

2 minutes ago, Natsoup said:

1 minute ago, Habby said:

first time I build a ryzen

plus I saw some gskill having compatibility issues with ryzen, that's why I thought I fucked up "maybe those corsairs sticks won't work" i thought when I read the compatibility list of the mobo

I think that was earlier when Ryzen launched with some issues, in fact one of the Ryzen PC's I have built had G-Skill RAM in it.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

1 minute ago, Thinkfreely said:

Yeah I wouldn't freak out until you actually test them. I started with a Asus Am4 370x Crosshair and ended up selling it and getting a 350 MSI board. I picked ram that wasn't on the list for either of those, and they both worked just fine. Currently have it OC to 3200 as well.

I'm relieved T-T since I'm not from the us I had to ask a family friend to receive the pc parts I got and send them to my country, but the one assembling the pc would be me, so noticing any malfunction in my country would have been a pain in the ass to me (if it were an incompatibility issue).

1 minute ago, Natsoup said:

I think that was earlier when Ryzen launched with some issues, in fact one of the Ryzen PC's I have built had G-Skill RAM in it.

cool, heard trident Z were not working correctly, only flare X and other model were working fine with am4 platforms 

Just now, Habby said:

cool, heard trident Z were not working correctly, only flare X and other model were working fine with am4 platforms 

Probably because of that RGB shit, lol. I've never had any issues with good ol' Ballistix.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

It will probably downclock to 2133mhz initially. 

Go here and put the latest beta bios on the board - it's based on the agesa 1006 offering more ram compatibility

http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/886/am4-beta-bios-thread

After that play with your settings, more so the SOC voltage and DDR voltage - You may need to manually enter the timings if XMP doesn't boot

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

I wouldn't stress too much, it's hit or miss even when you do research. Case in point, I have the latest bios update, vendor approved listed and specifically made for Ryzen Flare X kit and it refuses to boot at stock 3200mhz spec. I had to set to 2993mhz and then use bclk overclocking to squeak a little extra out.

2 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

I wouldn't streas too much, it's hit or miss even when you do research. Case in point, I have the latest bios update, vendor approved listed and specifically made for Ryzen Flare X kit and it refuses to boot at stock 3200mhz spec. I had to set to 2993mhz and then use bclk overclocking to squeak a little extra out.

What BIOS you got?

AGESA 1.0.0.4a?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4