Red shading in games

James Wakeland

Hey guys my pc has been acting up the last few weeks. I downloaded the witcher 3 and played for a while and like 3 days later about 2 hours into playing, almost everywhere that is black like shadows and other lines turn red. Sometimes blue. My gpu is only 6 months old. My specs are fx 8320, msi 970 gaming mobo, 16gb hyper x fury 1866mhz and my asus strix 1070. All temps are fine though. Even while playing on ultra my cpu is 37c and my gpu is the usual 54c.... When i exit the game its still kinda funky even in tv shows. But if i restart the pc its back to normal till i play again.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Please help...please dont say its my gpu...  lol and sorry about the "spoiler" window. Idk how to take it off lol

Screenshot_2017-06-01-15-14-07.png

Screenshot_2017-06-01-15-14-29.png

12 minutes ago, James Wakeland said:

-snip-

Tried reinstalling drivers? Is the GPU overclocked?

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

7 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

This is not a problem with the video card or even the monitor, it is a compatibility issue between both. If you have a different monitor laying around, try plugging that into your video card and see what it does. If the screen problem disappear, then we know what it was.

Ok ill try my spare tv in the morning. Its in my kids room, i dont want to wake him up lol the monitor is viotek 27inch curved 144hz.

4 minutes ago, vong said:

Tried reinstalling drivers? Is the GPU overclocked?

My internet has been off for a couple weeks so i cant check drivers yet. And sometimes i OC sometimes i dont. Either way this happens though.

2 minutes ago, James Wakeland said:

My internet has been off for a couple weeks so i cant check drivers yet. And sometimes i OC sometimes i dont. Either way this happens though.

If it happens with videos too and goes back to normal after a reset then my guess is the GPU is on it's way out.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

23 minutes ago, vong said:

If it happens with videos too and goes back to normal after a reset then my guess is the GPU is on it's way out.

It ooonly happens with videos aaafter it happened on a game but before i restart. Its never "caused" by videos though.

6 minutes ago, James Wakeland said:

It ooonly happens with videos aaafter it happened on a game but before i restart. Its never "caused" by videos though.

Well you see when you play a game the GPU gets maxed out which seems to be causing this for videos after playing a game. Tried other games?

1 hour ago, vong said:

Well you see when you play a game the GPU gets maxed out which seems to be causing this for videos after playing a game. Tried other games?

Yeah Prey, and black ops 3

58 minutes ago, James Wakeland said:

Yeah Prey, and black ops 3

Does it happen with those games?

11 hours ago, vong said:

Does it happen with those games?

Yeah does with those games too. I changed from the display port and used my hdmi cord this morning and it seeeemed fine but i didnt get to play very long so ill game tonight after work and see how it does.