Finding files starting with '$'

Go to solution Solved by Bwithnewcast,

File Manager>Menu key > Settings>Show hidden files>"On"

I wanted to watch the new scrapyard wars epsideo on the go and donwloaded it with tubemate ( I hope this is fine to be posted here). The name starts with $ though so the file disappeared after the download finished without any chance to rename it. (and I think this is due to the $500 at the beginning.)

Do you have any idea where it went? I think it is marked as hidden by its name starting with a $ sign. Would one need root on his Android phone to regain access to this? Also how do I get that 1GB of space on my phone back? 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

30 minutes ago, Bwithnewcast said:

File Manager>Menu key > Settings>Show hidden files>"On"

Please use autocolor. You want to know why? Change to dark theme

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

A few tips:

1. Find a file manager which can search for "$" in the file name. Should be quite trivial. (on Unixes, you can search via command line, but need to escape the "$" such as: find -iname "*\$*"
  2. Download something again and see what is the default directory. The file should be there.
  3. If the file is not there, it should not take any space (of course the opposite is true, too). You will regain it after you delete the file.

Also, I didn't know "$" causes files to be hidden in Android? I though is the same as on other *nixes - "." will cause the file to be hidden?

EDIT:  I just noticed you marked reply #1 as a solution, so you found the file?

Edited by Wild Penquin
formatting