Motherboard/Cpu cooler compatibility

GatorCrunchy
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

It's because it's an AM4 based motherboard and it doesn't come with the correct backplate and mounting adapter. You can just request it from Corsair. 

So I have been looking in upgrading my system from an old dusty rig to a real gaming PC. I have been doing lots of research on parts and finally think that I picked out everything that suits me perfectly. I plugged them all into PC part picker and it spat out a message saying that the "Corsair H100i v2 liquid cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit on my MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard". I don’t know what it means by "may" but I don’t want to spend on money on something that I "may" not end up needing. If anyone has a clue if I need a mounting adapter or not please let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated!

It's because it's an AM4 based motherboard and it doesn't come with the correct backplate and mounting adapter. You can just request it from Corsair. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

b350 gaming pro carbon isnt a good value board, go x370 for not much more

the h100iv2 has an adapter that can be ordered from Corsair to allow it to be used with AM4. however, depending on your unit, it may be included in the box. 

idk