Will a GTX 1070 work on an old-ish server board?

So I could get a couple of E5-2650 Xeons (Sandy Bridge) So they're on the LGA2011 socket and I was looking for a motherboard for them. I found this: Dell Precision GN6JF T5600. And the supported Graphics cards don't say anything recent, but it might just be outdated. Is it possible to know this in any way? I currently have an FX-4100 and I'm 100% sure this would be a better setup. 

3 minutes ago, BardDoots said:

So I could get a couple of E5-2650 Xeons (Sandy Bridge) So they're on the LGA2011 socket and I was looking for a motherboard for them. I found this: Dell Precision GN6JF T5600. And the supported Graphics cards don't say anything recent, but it might just be outdated. Is it possible to know this in any way? I currently have an FX-4100 and I'm 100% sure this would be a better setup. 

If it has a PCIE X16 slot then I don't see why it shouldn't work. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

well, except for power any GPU should work with any motherboard. unless its like a completely diffrent architecture. those gpu's are just thier tested and recomended

1 hour ago, ONOTech said:

According to their site, it supports 300W TDP PCIe 3.0x16 cards, so you should be fine.

May I ask how much you're spending on the motherboard? If you sell your current setup and drop down to an RX 570 or 580, you could build a much newer gaming machine with a much better upgrade path.

Thanks man, but I intend to use the FX-4100 for a NAS (I know I guess kinda backwards) And I don't really want a whole new gaming system because I'll be moving to the US for a year as an exchange student and I can build a new mini-ITX PC over there with the parts being much cheaper. I just need a quick upgrade because it's just torture to use the FX-4100 daily. I can get the two Xeons and the MB for around $370