help find cheapest motherboard for netflix 4k streaming

Hello, i've been trying to make a as low cost as possible build that supports netflix 4k streaming. its incredibly vague what is required for netflix 4k streaming from a pc since it doesn't really tell on netflix their own site for some dubious reason. from what i've gathered it has to support:

• hdmi 2.0 with dhcp 2.2 support
  • 7th gen intel processor (celeron, pentium, i3/i5/i7 xeon etc)
  • the proper HEVC decoder (whatever that might be, someone feel free to explain)

so if someone has suggestions on what cheap motherboards support this than feel free to post them bellow. its very hard to find them since very very little manufacturers post their HDMI version and i've never seen them mention the DHCP version.

Hi there!

I was looking around a bit and couldn't really find anything specific about the 2.0 on mITX boards.

What I did find however was some people with the same question and most people seem to recommend a videocard as video output.

I can recommend looking into some cheap GPU's that support 4k at higher Hz than 24.

Aside from that to mu knowledge movies and series are rendered at 24fps, so technically you wont be limited by it if I'm correct.

Another idea would be getting a cheap GPU that has Displayport and get one of these, it's basically an active Displayport 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter.

My vote is for the last option! :)

1 hour ago, tlink said:

Hello, i've been trying to make a as low cost as possible build that supports netflix 4k streaming. its incredibly vague what is required for netflix 4k streaming from a pc since it doesn't really tell on netflix their own site for some dubious reason. from what i've gathered it has to support:

• hdmi 2.0 with dhcp 2.2 support
  • 7th gen intel processor (celeron, pentium, i3/i5/i7 xeon etc)
  • the proper HEVC decoder (whatever that might be, someone feel free to explain)

so if someone has suggestions on what cheap motherboards support this than feel free to post them bellow. its very hard to find them since very very little manufacturers post their HDMI version and i've never seen them mention the DHCP version.

I heard that it MUST be an i7... and that an i5 won't work.

derp